Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorizing experiments- Chemistry

Options
  • 18-01-2006 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

O my God, Im just stoopid when it comes to the experiments! Im doing the chem course in just one year too so its pretty tough! Everything else on the course I can learn and remember and regurgitate as required but when it comes to experiments i just want to cry....

How is it done?! HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Look at the papers, there is always an organig q and titration q so if you find exps hard just learn these ones. Secondly you dont always need to know the complete procedure for the exp, just learn a quick summary of it, then any calculations, indicators used and precautions taken (these are usually the same for all titration exps - filling burettes etc)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Go through the past papers and do all of the experiment questions without looking at the book. See how far you get with them, and then you can look at the book - realising exactly where you went wrong will help you remember it better than if you're just trying to learn off a load of steps. Also, it gives you a feel for the type of questions they'd ask for each experiment - whether they always ask the colour change of the titration, or whatever. I know not all of the experiments have been covered yet but if you consider that you're asked three in the exam, well two of them anyway should have been covered in the past or sample papers

Advertisement