Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you reccomend gaelteachs (spelling?)??

• 18-01-2006 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

have you been/do you know anyone who has been to one?? do you learn anything or just arse about all day & have the crack? either way i'm happy but i want to hear bout your experiences before i make my mind up bout weather to go or not??

thanks in advance
    ~PlayGirl :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

It all depends on what type of course you're talking about and where it'll be on. Are you talking about summer courses for teenagers or adult courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

summer for teenagers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I advise UISCE for fun sport etc. Coláiste na bhFiann for strict, and Lurgan for three week teenage disco.

was thinking of going to a local one.. 'rann na fairste' or something like that!! heard it was good tho!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 marissa

hey playgirl,you should so go to rnf went 2 years in a row now and unfortunately im in the big lc year so not to sure bout going back,anyway you really should go the place is beautiful,'munchies' lovely, to be honest the irish in those classes really improved me esp in my oral irish and you have the craic in class. do not let this opportunity pass you by it really was the best holiday of my life with so many memories and the friendships you make up there are something special,I live in louth and i still keep in contact with ppl from all over and they have become some of my best friends.the craic is mighty was balling when i left. hope that helps xox :(:) :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

I went to Colásite Arainn Mhór, in Donegal, for two years. It got me a fáinne óir (fluent irish- though I'm getting out of practice), so my leaving cert was a breeze, and the I met the girl there that I've been lucky enough to have gone out with for more than 2 years. Going there was amazing. It makes Irish class so much easier, but more importantly, it helps you over that final development of confidence at the mid-to-end of your teenage years. You make friends, put on a show on stage in most of them, and there's nothing like the thrill of trying to avoid the cinnirí as you meet up with a girl on the wallk home from the ceilí... ah, nostalgia....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I would advise anyone to go to an Irish College for a few weeks in the summer, it is absolutely brilliant, I've gone to An Rinn outside Dungarvan for the last two summers and its really brillaint, I had some craic. And I learned a lot of Irish, but dont be put off by thinking you speak Iirsh the whole time, you only speak irish when you are in class or when the cinnirí are around. But your Irish improves so much, and you meet so many friends, leike I'm still in contact with a lot of the people I made freinds with during the two summers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

CoolCiaran wrote:
    dont be put off by thinking you speak Iirsh the whole time, you only speak irish when you are in class or when the cinnirí are around.

Bhuel, nach deas san - cáin-íocáirí na tíortha ag íoc as saoirí saora a chur ar fáil chun go raghfadh an t-aos óg i dtaithí ar fhimínteacht an saoil réadúil.

Canathaobh go bhfuil sibh ag dul go dtí an Gaeltacht in ao' chor muna bhfuil fonn oraibh Gaeilge a labhairt. Ar son poinntí sna scrúdaithe?.

Well, isn't that grand! The taxpayers paying for subsidised holidays for the younger generation so they can gain some experience of the hypocricy of the real world.

Why are ye going to the Gaeltacht at all if ye don't wish to speak Irish. Just for the points?

Mísh&#225 wrote: »
    Why are ye going to the Gaeltacht at all if ye don't wish to speak Irish. Just for the points?
    no, just for the craic!! :D

PlayGirl wrote:
    no, just for the craic!! :D

Agus b'fhéidir chun bualadh leis na lads óga freisin. ;)

• Advertisement

Mísh&#225 wrote: »
    Agus b'fhéidir chun bualadh leis na lads óga freisin. ;)
    what?. the only part i understood was na lads!, lol..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I went to Ballingeary for years... (4 summers, almost 5)... not only did it totally improve my Irish, but it was great fun too! ahh... back in the day...

Agus cad faoi Ibiza?

Ní bheadh aon chigirí ag faire oraibh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Definitely! I spent 5 years in Coláiste Chamuis in Conamara and they are some of my best childhood memories. Some of my best friends now are people I met in the Gaeltacht plus i didn't like Irish much when I was younger but love it now and always will and thats priceless!

Advertisement