Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best gig/performance you've been to in your life???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DubGal

Stereophonics at the Point last year. Was great to hear the album I play on repeat, live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Alter Bridge - ULU, London Sept '04.

Myself and a mate went over to see them and stayed the weekend. Not only did we get to meet them but we got to see the soundcheck, I got Mark one of his guitars from his case (it was a big deal for me), go backstage and then get everything under the sun signed by them. I even got one of his custom Dunlop plecs too. Oh and since there was no barrier in front of the stage we were in a pretty good position for the gig too, check this out here. :D

Outside that, well Metallica in the RDS when they played with Slipknot. Seeing Steve Vai in Vicar St. last year was also a biggy and the award for most spontaneous/cheapest gig has to go to Reuben when they played in Whelans last year, bloody cracking show and all for the princely sum of €14.50! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Live Aid , Wembley July 1985

close second was Knebworth June 1990 (McCartney, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Tears for Fears, Elton John.... like the death of the eighties haha) good show though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Bit soon but, Steve Reich, You Are/Music For 18 Musicians, National Concert Hall, last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Yes in the mid-70's with Anderson, Howe, Squire, Wakeman, and White. Roger Dean's dragon heads floated down out of the ceiling of the Civic Center and shot us all with lasers. I had my hand on my first girlfriend's boobulars all night (under the shirt, of course).....what a great bunch of memories!

The Who in 1989 was cool too....didn't think I'd ever get to see the legends, and they sounded prime!

Same legend thing with Black Sabbath at the Ozzfest, it was a high point....especially with Marylin Manson playing just before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Leftfield at the first year of Witnness (2000?) were mega. It was pitch black and the tunes being banged out were unbelievable. And this was at the end of an already excellent day.
    Pixies at Leeds last Summer was spectacular as well. The crowd were really up for and were mental for the most part. When 'Tame' was played, the place went absolutely ballistic. Ah, memories....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    Nightwish at the Hammersmith Apollo last September or Children of Bodom at the London Astoria last week, both stand out as amazing gigs.
    silly girl, you posted twice, forgot robbie this time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Jimmy Eat world Olympia 2005
    Dashboard Confessional Edinburgh August 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I went to over 130 gigs in my lifetime and I have to give credit to the 1996 Re-Union tour of KISS as being THE CONCERT EVENT Nr.1

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

The Prodigy at the Olympia 2005
    Robert Plant & Jimmy Page at the Point in 1995.
    U2 Zoo TV tour RDS 1993

• Advertisement
Advertisement