Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online refund

Options
  • 18-01-2006 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I booked a hotel a few months ago but had to cancel , anyway the hotel company (www.hotels.com) said no problem and would refund me the money.

SO the money never came to my account, so i emailed them and they told me the money was processed on the 22/12/05 and that im just waiting on my bank to put the money into my account. So i rang AIB and they said there is no sign of the money.

So i emailed www.hotels.com and they said the same thing, and i rang AIB and they insist there is no money due for my account.

So whats the situation here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

hound the hotels site, your bank are unlikely to "spoof" - if the funds aren't there, they aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I booked a hotel a few months ago but had to cancel , anyway the hotel company (www.hotels.com) said no problem and would refund me the money.

SO the money never came to my account, so i emailed them and they told me the money was processed on the 22/12/05 and that im just waiting on my bank to put the money into my account. So i rang AIB and they said there is no sign of the money.

So i emailed www.hotels.com and they said the same thing, and i rang AIB and they insist there is no money due for my account.

So whats the situation here?

a refund can take up to a month with some credit card systems...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm pretty sure that Hotels.com are a reputable company, probably just needs a little time.

Advertisement