Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module Enrolment

Options
  • 19-01-2006 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Ok, so I'm signed up for Calc. & Statistics in the SIS Web thingy, and they've automatically assigned me a tutorial for this at 12 on a Thursday.

The problem is, I want to sign up for Physics of Our Environmant (sounds easy:) ), but one of it's lectures is also at 12 on a Thursday.

Now, even if I drop Calc & Statistics to try to free up the space, the tutorial for it remains and I can't sign up for the Physics class.:mad:

Anyone else had any problems like this? Can I contact computer services or someone about it, or can I go somewhere and sign up in person?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

First make sure you really want to do Physics of the environment, it's basically all electromagnetism which is traditionally one of the students least favourite area's in physics. Maybe sit in on a lecture or two before changing.
    Unfortunately I have no idea how to actually solve your timetable problem >_< maybe try going to the main office in the physics building or something and the girl in there should be able to direct you to the person who takes care of the tuorials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Crap, I was hoping to do Physics and the Environment too, but I bloody hated electromagnetism. I'm running out of bloody choices here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

I didn't really like electromagnetism either - I just can't find anything I want to do that fits into my timetable. Quantam physics looks alright, but I can't fit any of it's small group sessions into my timetable. Thanks for the help anyway.

Physics of the Environment is not easy, although the Quantum Physics lecturer may bore you to death. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Erm, so I signed up for 'Expanding Horizons: Ireland, Europe and Atlantic Worlds, AD 800 - 1800' instead. A little different but it suits my timetable nicely! Does anyone now if its supposed to be interesting/difficult?

• Advertisement
Advertisement