Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance from Oil Burner to House

Options
  • 19-01-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there a maximum distance that an Oil Burner can be from the house/area that it will be heating?

Cheers,

Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just took a look through the Homebond home builders manual. It would appear that the burner can be located inside the house so long as the room it is located in is adequately ventilated. The oil storage tank has to be a certain distance from the house and I think a minimum of 760mm from any boundary. My burner is in the kitchen in a cupboard. Very quiet and handy to get at if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Hi,
    I don't know about a maximum distance, but you should keep in mind that the further from the house, the more wasted energy as you're heating the ground outside for a distance that could be equivalent to a couple of radiators in your house. With oil crisis etc it's something to consider.
    I allowed my builder to talk me out of putting the burner away from the house for this reason. It's on the back wall outside the shower room. Hopefully it won't be too noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Dec, it can be anywhere from under a worktop in your kitchen to the end of your garden, no matter how long it is.
    But, as Manuel says, no matter how well insulated the pipes are, you will loose heat. Also, if it is a good distance, you might need a stronger circulating pump.

Manuel, most, but not all, modern oil boilers are fairly quiet.
    Jim.

Advertisement