Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP dead pixel fixer, Advice

Options
  • 19-01-2006 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Found this earlier and was woundering if anyone has used it.
    www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp
    If anyone has used this dead pixel fixer........Does it work?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tylrpower

i've got about 4 spread over the screen, Is there a chance it can cause more Dead pixels?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i used something simular a while back and it cured my 3 white stuck dead pixels, now if only i could find a way to use it on the tv to get rid of that green stuck pixel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

tylrpower wrote:
    i've got about 4 spread over the screen, Is there a chance it can cause more Dead pixels?

It says no, it worked with a few of stuck ones with me (I think). But the sites fecked up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hey,

I work for Pioneer Service, and we get plasma's in for repair with pixels gone(dead) and there is no way to get them back unless you replace the whole display panel. on in a plasme it costs about 2500 for the panel and the plasma only costs about 4000 so in the PSP i'd say to get a new panel replaced would cost about 200 to 250, not really worth it.

Also dead pixels are not covered by warranty. only it there is a bunch of them 1 area,

Also if you have over a centain amount of dead pixels you might be able to get a replacement but i'd say you have to have over 15 dead pixels before you get a replacement,,

But thats just what i know from working with plasmas and dead pixels. PSP might be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

NeVeR wrote:
    Hey,

I work for Pioneer Service, and we get plasma's in for repair with pixels gone(dead) and there is no way to get them back unless you replace the whole display panel. on in a plasme it costs about 2500 for the panel and the plasma only costs about 4000 so in the PSP i'd say to get a new panel replaced would cost about 200 to 250, not really worth it.

Also dead pixels are not covered by warranty. only it there is a bunch of them 1 area,

Also if you have over a centain amount of dead pixels you might be able to get a replacement but i'd say you have to have over 15 dead pixels before you get a replacement,,

But thats just what i know from working with plasmas and dead pixels. PSP might be a different story.

Methinks there's an LCD instead of a plasma on the PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

You can buy new screens on ebay for about 50 euros
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-PSP-LCD-SCREEN-REPLACEMENT-PARTS-SHARP_W0QQitemZ8253044688QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I cracked the screen on my Nokia 6600 phone one time and got another screen on ebay for 25 euros which is quite good considering the phone shop quoted me 100 euro. It was easy enough to install also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

tylrpower wrote:
    Found this earlier and was woundering if anyone has used it.
    www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp
    If anyone has used this dead pixel fixer........Does it work?

Thanks
    worked for me. Although they reappeared about 2 months later, I ran it again and they've been gone ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tylrpower

Thanks for the feed back, I tried it and it seemed to work:)

Advertisement