Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduce image size

Options
  • 19-01-2006 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

does any one know of any scripts (php preferably, but any will do) that can reduce the size of an image as it is being uploaded.

I currently allow people to upload photographs to my website, but these pictures are huge, both physically in the size of how it displays on the screen and the size in memory.

So if someone uploads a 1 mb photo 1200 X 1200, the script will be able to rduce this to to 40 X 40 and 50 Kb.

also if any one can point me to any tutorials on this I'd be greatful

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Beta2 wrote:
    Hi

does any one know of any scripts (php preferably, but any will do) that can reduce the size of an image as it is being uploaded.

I currently allow people to upload photographs to my website, but these pictures are huge, both physically in the size of how it displays on the screen and the size in memory.

So if someone uploads a 1 mb photo 1200 X 1200, the script will be able to rduce this to to 40 X 40 and 50 Kb.

also if any one can point me to any tutorials on this I'd be greatful

Cheers

B2
    Not too sure about that, but I did come across a script whereby you could reject files which did not conform to your specs (which I think would be better as it gets them to do the dirty work :D ).

Anyway, I'll try and find that again but I can't remember where I came across it. It may have been Sitepoint.com if you have some time yourself to browse. Their site is great for all those kind of tutorials. You may even find the one you're looking for.

Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

This any good...?
    Or this...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Not too sure about that, but I did come across a script whereby you could reject files which did not conform to your specs (which I think would be better as it gets them to do the dirty work :D ).

That would be ideal, however most of the people that use it are eejits.......

That php resize script looks really interesting, i'll have a go at it over the weekend.

Thanks for your help

B2

Advertisement