Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen Micro Controls - Oversensitive?

• 19-01-2006 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a zen micro for the Christmas and am having a lot of grief using the middle control. The one that's used to move up/down in menus and also to select a menu item. The problem comes when I end up selecting a menu item instead of just moving up/down the menu. This happens a lot and is getting pretty irritating at this stage.
    Also, it's really hard to actually select the menu item I want as the selection moves too fast.
    I've changed the sensitivity to be low but it's still just as bad.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way around it? Or do I just have to get used to it?

Thanks for reading!
    GB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

don't have a zen micro, have a zen sleek (same firmware/control layout afaik).

if it's the same firmware go to system > player settings > touchpad > sensitivity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Thanks for the reply. I have already actually changed the sensitivity and it's still crap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

youll get used to it, treat to opposite to a lady, and use firm strokes, rather than gentle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Quite sensative on the zen vision:M. I like it thought. I got used to it within a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The guy who said firm strokes has it right. If you're accidently selecting things it's reading what you're doing as a tap. Place your finger firmly (no need to mash it in of course) on the centre of the pad, then just slide up or down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've had mine about 6 months and I still don't find the touch pad that great compared to other devices. I find my fingers too dry, and sometimes I have to dampen the tip of my finger for it to work better. Great sounding player otherwise. I wouldn't buy another with the same type of control though. Nice time I'd go iPod or Cowon X5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

The latest creative touchpad on the Zen Vision M is a huge improvement. Never used the Zen Sleek but i thought both the Zen Micro and Zen Touch were terrible when i tried to use them. No such problems with the Vision M though.

Advertisement