Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Fav pick up spot in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 12:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Whats your fav place for going on the pull then?

Fav bar for pulling? 79 votes

Buskers
    0% 0 votes
    Club M
    3% 3 votes
    Q Bar
    5% 4 votes
    Dandelion
    11% 9 votes
    The Picturehouse
    5% 4 votes
    Tram Co
    1% 1 vote
    Copperface Jacks
    8% 7 votes
    Buck Whaleys
    21% 17 votes
    A.N. Other (please specify)
    1% 1 vote
    Bar Jaguar
    30% 24 votes
    The Wezz
    10% 8 votes
    Mothercare
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

its a general question......

ah the memories ive had in some of those places....., however i dont think ill divulge into any of those ;) .....

If i had to pick out of that list, then it would have to be Q Bar...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Sorry, could a Mod move this to Region >>>> Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Sherrif Street in all in anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I've gone for Q bar. I like it there. but I don't 'go out on the pull' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Phoenix park ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Fitzimons or somewhere in Temple Bar for the foreign birds, dont go near Irish girls normally when im in ireland, there great in every other country but not here. Then again back in the day Fireworks was a great spot to pull

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

RuggieBear wrote:
    Phoenix park ftw
    i'd go there, but i don't want to bump into my local td

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Where is "The George" Option?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I've heard of 2 of those places you mention but haven't ever set foot in either of them. The view from outside is enough.

I like the mezz just cos you meet fun people there and the bands are generally acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

you forgot barcode too!!!

I don't really have a favourite place to pull.

And @ Ruggiebear, Phoenix Park, i knew i knew your face from somewhere!!

rugbug86 wrote:
    you forgot barcode too!!!

There was only ten options and I always thought Barcode was full of 17 year olds? :confused:

If you voted "A.N. Other" please specify ;)

IvaBigWun wrote:
    There was only ten options and I always thought Barcode was full of 17 year olds? :confused:

It is full of 17 years olds... :p

Heyes wrote:
    It is full of 17 years olds... :p

Must be the 3 euro drinks that get them in the door. Well that and the Wesley type fun that probably goes on in the toilets ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

julep wrote:
    i'd go there, but i don't want to bump into my local td

ROFL:D

Those options on the list are terrible tbh. I mean, Tramcos? Maybe if your`re a drunken wealthy farmers son who can dance around in your Offaly jersey whilst the DJ plays Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. If you are well done.

Most Barcode et al regulars (lads) I know are the type who talk sh1te regarding pulling (one mate of mine in particular has fallen in with the ghastly students and spins this sh1te. I remember back in the day we would take the piss out of lads who claimed to have had a dozen birds in one night despite the fact nobody would have seen them with a bird in 6 months. Now hes turned the same, he can NEVER let himself be outclassed by me. If he saw me with a bird that night, he would HAVE TO have pulled two while i was with my one. If I pulled two, while im busy with them he would have to have been with three. And so forth. Some night Ill tell him I was with 17 and see him try outclass me. The funny thing is he always sees me with my bird, but until 3 weeks ago twas months before I saw him with one:D )

Apolgies for going off on one, it was an add on to the point about the Barcode etc regulars talking out of their holes;)

As for the best, I suppose most places in Dublin have a relatively decent success rate, the better the music the better the pull rate. Heaven in Blanch, especially in summer, is your best bet for good looking birds, twas a fcukin lethal summer there last year :)

I suppose Coppers is easy enough, but we arent exactly talking quality in some cases

*erases Saturday 3 weeks ago from memory*

Good god, it was my first major alcohol related error of judgement regarding birds in over 18 months.

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Must be the 3 euro drinks that get them in the door. Well that and the Wesley type fun that probably goes on in the toilets ;)

Are we speaking from experience here ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've never pulled, so I wouldn't know :(

DubGuy wrote:
    I've never pulled, so I wouldn't know :(

mmm, for some reason I find that hard to believe ;)

Heyes wrote:
    Are we speaking from experience here ? :p

halo.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

remember fireworks??? i think i didnt score there one night EVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Would've thought Flannerys would make the list, impossible for a regular or better looking man to avoid scoring there, the women arn't just approachable, they won't wait around and will actively pull you!

Unfortunately, all the hotties are across the road in the Village, while the 'not quite as attractive' ladies are grabbing your arse in Flannerys...always a very difficult choice for the urbane young gentleman!

IvaBigWun wrote:

That A.N. Other bar must full of slappers - where is it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Whats the story with fireworks is it closed down these days, man that was a great place to pull

Whats the story with fireworks is it closed down these days, man that was a great place to pull

Nightclub is closed for good ( in that location anyway ), and appartments are going in its place.

Heyes wrote:
    Nightclub is closed for good ( in that location anyway ), and appartments are going in its place.

It was always too far out of the way of the main part of action in the city centre anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheVerBal1

Heaven is only good on a thursday these days... student night... quality birds... the pack the place tho, can hardly breathe...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

TheVerBal1 wrote:
    Heaven is only good on a thursday these days... student night... quality birds... the pack the place tho, can hardly breathe...

Heaven in blanch???

Thats a scary place, full of "howyas", just waiting for you to make the move so their little imbred boyfriends can start a fight.

I was under the impression they cleaned it up of all the headcases?

ionapaul wrote:
    Would've thought Flannerys would make the list

Shiite, forgot all about Flannerys. It'd definitely be in most peoples top 5's for scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThaJudge

21's (formerly Coyote)...all the way

Advertisement