Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eng Ball

Options
  • 19-01-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

The Eng Ball - Possibly the greatest ball of all time and certainly not just for engineers. Here are some details about it:

Date: 10th February 2006
    Venue: Citywest Hotel
    (Buses departing from the Centre Club and returning)

Posters will be up soon and the price will be e60. Also there will be a tux rental discount

I'd just like to know if any boards members will be going? It's one helluva night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

ah eng ball..... i remember the days when it was in the grand hotel in malahide....

it was not a good night unless there was at least a inch of vomit covering the floor of the toilets...

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes i'll be going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ill be there for sure, 4th year engineers i hope you will ALL be there!

I think there is a plan to get a few rooms so we can make it a 24 hour affair, or at least last-engineer-standing.

Anyway, to all who didn't go last year, twas a great nite and city west is a decent place to have it, better than leopardstown anyway...although midnight racing around the track...ahhh memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

is citywest not ages out though?its half way back on the road to limerick!me and a mate were thinking of going to the afters-can u get after tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

weiner fest

• Advertisement

not really. sometimes girls know there will be a large number of guys there and thats why they go...

irlrobins wrote:
    not really. sometimes girls know there will be a large number of guys there and thats why they go...

Surely you are not implying this of me irl robins?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sangre wrote:
    weiner fest

Damn straight. You should hit the Med Ball!!

I'd be a bit wary of an all-nighter knowing some of the lads in 4th Eng coughcoakleycough and coughjonesycough. Crazy kids after about 8 pints!

panda100 wrote:
    Surely you are not implying this of me irl robins?:eek:

No, I know you're going so you can partake in the singing of the engineering song and compete in the colours drink race....

coakleycoughcough indeed. i heard the dean found my antics funny last year :o

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote:
    coakleycoughcough indeed. i heard the dean found my antics funny last year :o

What did you get upto Peadar!!??!! Spill the beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Vet Ball this Saturday night at Leopardstown racecourse... lock up your sheep! Tickets are 60 for that too, difference is youre promised +270 very horny women!

i got a reputation for going after first years tsk tsk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Red Alert wrote:
    i got a reputation for going after first years tsk tsk
    Haven't we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

panda100 wrote:
    is citywest not ages out though?its half way back on the road to limerick!me and a mate were thinking of going to the afters-can u get after tickets?

Sorry there's not gona be any afters tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

irlrobins wrote:
    a large number of guys...wearing tuxedos! Eng ball was always a great laugh - I'd recommend it to anyone :)

you're coming this year blondie, no excuses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jack da Lad

Is the ball ne good, am a law student, n missed our ball cus i was away ...... i mite get a few mates 2gether if its ne good? n excuse 2 dress up n get locked

sorry engsoc have standards and lack of text speak is one of them :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i d so like to go to eng ball, 300women and about 10men at the therapy ball and all the fellas got off with people.

we had it in the Burlington. it was kind of nice as we had a band, dj, food and free wine recepetion( very dodgy wine), all for 50euros. how much is yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

60 euro and you need to each bring a woman

Red Alert wrote:
    sorry engsoc have standards and lack of text speak is one of them :v:

Eng?stanards?!thats the first ive heared of it:)
    Was quite funny at the speed dating yesterday cos everysingle bloke was an engineer-they definatly got the prize for most desperate faculty!actually lots of meds and physios there too so earlsfortt terrace definatly got the most desperate building prize

you're coming to the eng ball panda i hope - very welcome gender balance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Iv heard rumours that the b+l ball, is the bestest most super ball of them all. I heard it from a completely neutral source. Who wasn't me............................................

GO B+L!

panda100 wrote:
    Was quite funny at the speed dating yesterday cos everysingle bloke was an engineer-they definatly got the prize for most desperate faculty!actually lots of meds and physios there too so earlsfortt terrace definatly got the most desperate building prize

Debs said it to me and I wa gonna go but I couldn't get a crew together. Desperate is the word!:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

panda100 wrote:
    turned up to that with a friend by chance, BY CHANCE I tell you, didn't know what the hell was going on at first but it looked like a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Why are there no afters tickets? I'd like to go but paying over the odds for some mediocre food and a trip to the other side of Tallaght doesn't sound like a recipe for fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 v_corningstone

hey pimpy_c - that eng soc website - rarely works - whats the deal with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 v_corningstone

well mr roger - if B+L ball does it for u - im not sure if ur entirely welcome at the engball - u and ur type can stick to ur own!! -ah no the more the merrier!

• Advertisement

i'm the webmaster, and it does work right now. there was some problem at our web host last night which also took off their support site so i couldn't check the status. all seems to be back to normal.

Advertisement