Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do? another relationship query....

• 19-01-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was going out with a girl nearly a year and everything was good until she started moaning and nagging at me if I didnt see her all the time, so I finished it....I just wanted to be out with my mates all the time in the pub! lol

Now im not a shallow person at all but she wouldnt have been the best looking girl around and I wasnt really physically attracted to her at all, but she was really sound and I was mad about her, anyhow, we've been in contact since and of course did the dirty deed over xmas, I then, didnt want to get back with her, either did she wanna get back with me, she has been telling me lately (we still speak/mail) that she cant get over me, I do miss her myself but I dont know if its just loneliness or if I want her back, its like I dunno if I want to go back to gettin grief or if I really miss her and am gonna admit I was a fool for breaking up with her and make a go of things......

The (sad) excuse I used when I broke up with her was I "didnt want a girlfriend" We didnt even really argue much either, anyway, I dont know what to do, ask her to get back with me or just forget about it and move on.....

Sorry for the length of the post!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I believe you'd know in your gut if you wanted her back.
    imo you feel lonely and would like the odd shag, I suggest you get it elsewhere and let her get over you because as it is, you are just dragging it out and making it worse for her.
    I'd go as far as saying that you should also break off all contact, including mails, this just gives her hope that isn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Couldn't have put it better than Ruthie. What she said x 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

how to get over someone? get under someone else... other than that echo the above tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

See above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think your right Ruth,

I was thinking of ceasing all contact, but I dunno, we are capable of being good mates aswell and I wouldnt like to lose her as a mate, maybe if I gave her a break of a couple of months she would get over me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

maybe if I gave her a break of a couple of months she would get over me?

I think it normally takes a good 6 months, by then she should have moved on and be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Yes what Beruthial said.

Ive been the girl in that situation. All your doing is confusing her.

It sounds like you like her but not enough to be her boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Beruthiel wrote:
    I think it normally takes a good 6 months, by then she should have moved on and be ok

yeah it takes 5-6 months for the pain to go away and for someone to begin thinking of moving on. Some may take longer but the majority of relationships (especially ones less than 5 years) will probably need about 5 or 6 months to get things fully back on track.

Advertisement