Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External DVD Drive

Options
  • 19-01-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I have an External Sony DVD-RW.

I have it about a month and it worked fine at first. I've burned off about 15 DVDs or so with no problem.

But now it won't recognise any disc I put into it. I've tried blank DVDs, DVD-RWs, CDs, Store bought Movies on DVD.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PENG_FA

It might need to be flashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I have an External Sony DVD-RW.

I have it about a month and it worked fine at first. I've burned off about 15 DVDs or so with no problem.

But now it won't recognise any disc I put into it. I've tried blank DVDs, DVD-RWs, CDs, Store bought Movies on DVD.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
    Did it get any knocks, hits or bangs.....

Also a long shot might be to clean the lens with a lens cleaner if there's lots of dust round... Worked for me when I'd a similar problem with a CD burner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Whoop Whoop

PENG_FA wrote:
    It might need to be flashed.

Not too au fait with Techhie Terms but if that means to Upgrade the Firmware I've tried that.
    sweno wrote:
    Did it get any knocks, hits or bangs.....

Also a long shot might be to clean the lens with a lens cleaner if there's lots of dust round... Worked for me when I'd a similar problem with a CD burner

No damage that I'm aware of. Fairly careful with everything I own.

I'll try giving the lens a clean. It's not a very dusty room but the unit is on near the floor so that could be the reason.

Thanks for the help guys!

Advertisement