Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow 6 Raven Shield, can I play it online?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

The only place I know where you can play it is gamespy arcade. However there's no one playing it there anymore, I bought the game recently as I used to play it. Is there anywhere else where you can play this game online? Anyone know? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Can't you play it through Ubisofts own game service (or is that what gamespy lists) ? I think the All Seeing Eye finds a good few games aswell. For higher quality games try fan sites like the forums at Aggression. I've been meaning to give MP a go myself, especially now that R6: Lockdown looks more like R6: Letdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

yeah it's a class game on multiplayer. I think gamespy is the games multiplayer server as it installs it for you with the game etc. Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Used to play Ghost Recon over the UBI server thing, it still has server for it so Raven Shield is bound to still have people playing it. Never liked Raven Shield for some reason, might be something to do with the netcode being awful.

Just had a quick look at the Ubi server, there's 465 people playing RvS spread out over 5 lobbies with plenty of games going in each, if you want to connect you can go to www.ubi.com , and at the bottom there's a button for 'Play games online' that'll take you to a page with a list of games which should then launch the browser (if you have activex enabled in your browser). I'm sure there's somewhere you can download their stand alone lobby browser too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

one of the best games around online. I've been playing it for about 2 years now. Terrorist Hunt is usually a good laugh on multiplayer. Team Survival can be a bit hectic. Just play it through the in game multiplayer. There are plenty of people playing on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

TimAy wrote:
    one of the best games around online. I've been playing it for about 2 years now. Terrorist Hunt is usually a good laugh on multiplayer. Team Survival can be a bit hectic. Just play it through the in game multiplayer. There are plenty of people playing on it.

Agreed, played rvs for past 2 years now and its still a great game. Will be getting lockdown but sure I still get together every now and then with lads from the old clan and we have a go at each other over vent. Tis a great game and it makes for cracking ladder matches to boot.

Will be getting lockdown
    Have you tried the demo yet ? It's not going down well on the forums, it's become more of an actiony, console, generic-FPS type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Currently downloading it, will give it a go tonight if I have time. Hopefully its keeping true to the previous installments.

Advertisement