Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow of the Colossus

Options
  • 19-01-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

i cant believe i hadnt heard anything about this game until today it really looks the dogs b*llox!! its been out in the states for months stupid europe slow with everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont know why people dont have chipped ps2's the damn thing barley had any online games even. Game has been out for ages, i havent played it yet but i could import it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

when is it due out here, also will Ico be available to buy with it as I dont own either games and really want them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

i heard they were re-releasing ICO along with Shadow...i'll probably pick both of them up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

mid february i think

its a great game, frame rate can get a bit jumpy now and again but it looks soo good that you ignore it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Absolutely brilliant game. Any PS2 owner that doesn't pick it up should be shot. The soundtrack is worth the purchase by itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The soundtrack is worth the purchase by itself.
    Too true, an amazing selection of music... although most of the action-y pieces sound very similar. Doesnt detract from it being one of the best soundtracks of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

heard the soundtrack is the business alright!!! you played it??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played and beaten it. The only bad things are the short length and the rather dodgy framerate. However these things really don't matter. The game really is an amazing experience. There's nothing quite like it. It's an adventure right from the first time you see a colossus right through to the fantastic and satisfying ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

jones wrote:
    i cant believe i hadnt heard anything about this game until today it really looks the dogs b*llox!! its been out in the states for months stupid europe slow with everything.

Its a brilliantly atmospheric game that and RE4 are the 2 best PS2 games of last year, in fact it kicks the **** out of the 2 boring xbox 360 games I have gathering dust in the corner, looks and sounds better too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Gizzard wrote:
    <snip>looks and sounds better too

With the exception of the poor framerate thats been mentioned twice already :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

kaimera wrote:
    With the exception of the poor framerate thats been mentioned twice already :)

yeah but have you seen the size of those titan things, their big, I mean realy big man..., like huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Cant find anyone dependable to chip my PS2 so I gotta wait :( I really recommend picking up Ico when they re-release it I played on release and its brilliant if SoC is half as good I'll be beaming.

The fake volumetric fur looks fantastic, not as technically impressive as the Gamecubes volumetrically lit fur but it looks a lot more realistic.

The atmosphere is great. The feeling or desperation and loneliness hasn't been matched since Super Metroid.
    You know that what wanderer is doing is wrong and nothing good will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I really hope they put this and the re-released Ico together in some sort of value pack thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah the first time i killed a colossus i did feal kinda sad about it....damn video games messing with my manly persona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Absolutely brilliant game. Any PS2 owner that doesn't pick it up should be shot. The soundtrack is worth the purchase by itself.

Looks like you're going to have to shoot me.
    But I've been seeing and reading a lot about it and will probably pick it up sometime soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Opening: ooh, impressive!
    1st Colossus: Wowee, this game is awesome! I love it! How original and epicly feeling!
    2nd: Wow! cool!
    3rd: wow? what?
    4th: trek trek stab stab
    5th: trek, stab
    6th: trek, snore...

Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad, but it is considerably repetetive, and I didn't bother finishing it.

You're just not getting it. It's not just about fighting the colossi. It's taking in the whole atmosphere and world the game creates. Didn't find any of the boss fights boring myself, each colossus is beaten in a totally different manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i hope they do a limited version like they did with ICO.

So you can flog it on e-bay in 6 months time? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement