Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2-player console type games for a pc?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

I just set up an HTPC in my sitting room running through a 32" lcd over the fireplace.

Can anyone reccommed any good multiplayer games that run on one machine. ie not over a network to another pc.

I just sold my xbox and dont really want to buy a 360 yet.

Just something i can play with a couple of usb joypads.

The machine has a 6800gs so gfx is not an issue.

I was thinking 1st person shooter, footy, racing etc.

Thanks.

Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Get some emulators going. The likes of double dragon, bubble bobble, final fight, streets of rage etc. Legends!

Also Pro Evo 5 is a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Serious Sam is the only FPS I know that has split screen gaming but dunno how the controls will work. Not sure if Serious Sam two does the same.

Can't think of any other game as the pc isn't designed for 1 screen two players.

As above get yourself an emulator and work that way otherwise fork out for a real console.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Pro Evo
    Toca Race Driver 2 is split screen.
    Mortal Kombat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Can play Street Fighter3 on a dreamcast emulator, brilliant fun. And them old action flying games like 1942 or whatever it was where its 2 plans against the whole Luftwaffe (sp?), along with other games of the type, Gradius or whatever it was is brilliant aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

thanks guys.

i like the sound of those games.

can u use 2 controllers with toca?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

need for speed most wanted for pc ? isnt that 2 player?

Advertisement