Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying speaker stands in dublin

• 19-01-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in dublin where I can buy a reasonably priced set of speakers stands and maybe a hifi rack ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I got a set of these speaker stands in argos. They are very solid and with the spikes provide good sound isolation.

As for racks, I don't really know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LSLFAN

Totally agree. These Alphason stands are good value in Argos at 45 euro. Picked up a pair a couple of weeks ago. 58cm high - perfect height if you are sitting down. Easy to put together and a good weight.

Peats also have stands but are 90/100 euro - see their website www.peats.com. Saw them in Sony Centre in Stephens Green and did not fancy them - Alphason ones much better looking at least!!

I have a pair of B&W 601s on them and they seem fine.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Only problem is im looking for black stands....maybe i could spray them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

voxpop wrote:
    Only problem is im looking for black stands....maybe i could spray them :confused:

When I got them they were black! Is there a black option in the catalogue?
    Spray paint might work but might not have the desired effect if those are polished/shiny.

Maybe try X-Music (richersounds) on the quays. Harvey Norman might have something too.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LSLFAN

Did not see a black pair in the catalogue but the silver ones really do look well.

What are your speakers worth? I don't think there is much point spending a couple of hundred on stands unless your speakers can justify it - ie cost 700/800 up. If you want to pay that much go to Cloney Audio - they had fabulous matching B&W stands when I was buying my system but as my speakers were only (!!) 400 I could not justify paying half that again for stands.

However, when I upgrade...........:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement