Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny Miller

• 19-01-2006 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Very interesting.
    Miller to Celtic.
    I don't imagine Rangers fans will like this.
    any thoughts /

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Hope he does well for Celtic. They need a decent goalscorer. And when have we ever cared if Rangers fans will like something! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Is he any good? He'll surely only be there to make up the numbers. Strachan can't turn down these freebies.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Fast on the heels of the Kevin McDonald problem here is another headache for the www.ok2boo.com boys.
    If Ireland play Scotland should he be booed cos he played for Rangers or should he not cos he plays (will play) for Celtic.
    Ohh I don’t know what to do.
    Maybe it NOT OK 2 BOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭finlma

Fast on the heels of the Kevin McDonald problem here is another headache for the www.ok2boo.com boys.

These lads are morons and bigots of the highest order. Maybe they'll go to Celtic Park and boo Miller seen as how he is an ex-Rangers player. They shouldn't be welcome at Ireland games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Whilst I admire the efforts you have put into this site, you really should'nt waste your time! The facts are that Ireland is going through it's silly Kevin Myers Conor Cruise O'Brien temporary denial stage of the reality of it's history. Suddenly "all those horrible rabble in the north of Ireland have got it all wrong". I think psychologically it's what you would call a knee jerk reaction when you wake up to your oppressor and try to shed the inferiority complex. Myers writes a laughable article for the Sunday Telegraph every week where he tries so hard to be on an equal suave footing with his English counterparts who pontificate effortlessly about all conflicts throughout the world as they have been doing for centuries whilst ruling the world. Unfortunately Myers is such an idiot he can't write about global warming without betraying his parochial provincial gombeen attitude by attributing the damage to the ozone layer to Gerry Adams when he kicked some dog up in the air in Ballymurphy in 1972. And of course Kevin was there and reported it all like the brave man he is. That was in between reading those mind numbingly boring naval novels written by some English dullard using an Irish pseudonym. Unlike the "coward" Adams who actually has changed history and like remarkable men throughout history has made plenty of mistakes. Myers will never get a mention in history apart from being part of an embarrasing rabble similar to the Dublin crowds who spat on the the 1916 insurrectionists.

I know this is long winded, but the parrallel with Myers and the critiscism by Irish idiots of Irish/Celtic supporters booing the players of that upstanding orange institution in Govan is self evident. Here is a team that practised apartheid virtually into the early nineties of the last century! It is disgraceful that they were allowed to compete in any sporting event!! The South Africans could not get away with it! Yet this was tolerated by all and sundry in England and it's province in Scotland! So ok their board has paid lipservice to modify this monstrous affront to any civilised values. However modification was forced on them by Graham Souness threatening to resign. Of course there is no attempt to rein in their intellectually gifted supporters who continue to jeer their own player for blessing himself.

Trust me it's just a silly phase that we are going through (like 10cc) and will get worse before we come out of it.. I predict the end will come after we apologise to England for causing them psycholgical damage in that we initially accused them of playing a very small role in our potato famine. I'm sure we will offer them reparation!!!!

Keep up the good work.

Liam Carroll

Non-sectarian, non-racism organisation? :rolleyes:

About Kenny Miller, i wish him all the best, and what better way to shut up the biggots than banging in the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i have seen miller play fantastic games but i have also seen him play some awful games. not sure what to make of his prospects up north. how was he doing with rangers before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Don't care where he played before he is playing for wolves now,we will need a big squad for the group stages of the champions league, imo a good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

good player, hope he does well at celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking as a Wolves fan he's been a most frustrating striker, can be brilliant but so often more like Milan Baros!

Wolves have no luck with strikers, witness the Camera debacle.

Mike.

His goalscoring rate is fairly impressive. More goals last season than Darren Bent, Harewood, Kuqi, Kitson, Stephen Elliott. Scored this season against Austria, Italy, Norway x2. I honestly can't remember seeing him play. I have seen Wolves and Scotland play but just don't remember Miller.

Glad to see he's frustrating, those players do well in Scotland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3385515.stm

Never really established himself under Advocat at Rangers and moved when McLeish took over. Hopefully he'll score a few in the derby games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Miller is not a bad player or a great player and probably no better than some we have, he`s more than welcome to prove himself in the hoops jersey. Did`nt do it in a Hibs or Gers or Wolves jersey, scored 4 times in the last few games for Scotland thats what made people take notice of him again. My worry is that with another striker coming in someone must go and if Stracken keeps offloading M O`Neills old guard it could mean curtains for Big John. Now thats a worry.

With Beattie injured every time he gets a run going there's only Zurawski and Hartson as strikers. Maloney is a midfielder now and should be played there all the time. Another striker was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What is the story with two eirebhoy ? aww sure we all know that there really is only one :)

Miller hopfully will do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

eirebhoys wrote:
    My worry is that with another striker coming in someone must go and if Stracken keeps offloading M O`Neills old guard it could mean curtains for Big John. Now thats a worry.

Hartsons is past his best IMO, although he is still a good player to have in the team. I would have him as a sub to give a different option in attack like Ferguson at Everton.

BillyBoy wrote:
    Hartsons is past his best IMO, although he is still a good player to have in the team. I would have him as a sub to give a different option in attack like Ferguson at Everton.
    I doubt he's past his best at 30 but he's just a player that doesn't convince me. He does have the odd smashing game but has too many off days. When he's on form though he is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

eirebhoy wrote:
    I doubt he's past his best at 30 but he's just a player that doesn't convince me. He does have the odd smashing game but has too many off days. When he's on form though he is excellent.

Ah come on , Big john has been great last few seasons in scotland and the supporters worship him.He's saved us a few times and is always around top 3 goal scorers in scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Sarge wrote:
    What is the story with two eirebhoy ? aww sure we all know that there really is only one :)

Miller hopfully will do a job.

I`am his apprentice :D;)

Hartsons wife is filing for divorce if he does not come down from Scotland to make another go of it, thats why GS has got Miller in. But remember theres a few months to go before Miller arrives and with all the mail and stuff in the papers he`s going to read dont be surprised if he breaks that contract. Make no mistake this is a very big decision for him.

Advertisement