Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a bit confused

• 19-01-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

was on the verge of ordering these the other day LINK for my main pc and LINK for my laptop. At present i have the wired Netopia 3341 not the wireless one it has one phoneline in, one ethernet and one usb connection on the back.
    Then i saw this on Eircoms site as thats who i have my bb through. Now im wondering which is the best option. On Eircoms they have a router, adaptor and pc card whereas on Komplett i was only gonna get the router and pc card as my thinking was that i could use the ethernet cable from the wireless router to the pc and connect the laptop via wireless to the router with the pc card. I dont need to have the pc wireless as the bb connection is right beside my computer in my room.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Two options here...

Keep your current Eircom BB modem. Buy the CNet router wifi card. The CNet router will get a 192.168.1.* address on its' WAN port from the eircom modem via DHCP. You then decide on your LAN address range for the PCs, say 192.168.2.*. (At this stage you have to access the CNet config web page. The IP of the router will prob be 192.168.1.254 or 1. Set your PC NIC to 192.168.1.20. Get a normal CAT5 cable to go from the switch in the router to your desk PC. Type http://192.168.1.254 or 1 into internet explorer and do the config. SEt the WAN port to DHCP and then set your LAN scope/net address range). While you are there, set the wireless up.

Second option...

Get a wifi router with 4-port switch from Eircom. All functions are in the one box.

If you don't want to go for option 2, make sure when you buy a new router that it has a ADSL modem built in, ie, RJ-11 phone socket and not RJ-45 like the CNet on komplett. The CNet will not replace your eircom modem!

Advertisement