Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown Thomas

• 19-01-2006 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Anyone know any sites, preferable Irish, that sell womens Prada Handbags. Lady in work bought one for €700 in Brown Thomas and the other ladies don't believe her so I've been sent to find out via the web, I wouldnt have a clue, so I'm calling on all of Boards for help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Look Here
    Not Irish but with the currency converted....still big money. Why exactly dont you believe her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Surely she must have a receipt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not if she bought it at a market! ;) You could always just ring up Brown Thomas 6056666 and ask to speak to someone at Prada if you're desperate!

Hope she didn't spend €700 at a market! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

To be honest I couldn't care how much was spent or where. I'm only looking it for someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Anyone else besides me ever shocked at how much a scandalous pack of rip-off merchants those orange-faced freaks at Brown Thomas actually are?

Raiser wrote:
    Anyone else besides me ever shocked at how much a scandalous pack of rip-off merchants those orange-faced freaks at Brown Thomas actually are?
    I saw a skirt in there, horrible looking yoke, by some designer I've never heard of, going for 5000 euro, once.
    So I don't go near the clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Loadsa really expensive designer things seem to be made from fabric that is of atrocious quality, like woolly jumpers that are itchy, skirts made from polyester. Horrible things that I personally wouldn't pay £1 for let alone £1000. It seems like a lot of expensive things are cheap things you'd find at a market with a label slapped on.

Well, like anywhere else, you have to be discriminating in what you buy.

I saw the most hideous pink fluffy tracksuit with sequins going for over €100 in the sales there! Eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Zhane wrote:
    Look Here
    Not Irish but with the currency converted....still big money. Why exactly dont you believe her?

That website is an absolute rip-off!! I saw 2 tops on there that I had seen in the the shops here. One was on the website for $183.20 that I had seen in ireland for €100 and the second top was the same price online and was priced at €85 here. Both were tommy hilfiger.. Whats up there?:confused:

Hakko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Raiser wrote:

Lol, you'd be sickened to see what prices the stuff comes in at.

rb_ie wrote:
    Lol, you'd be sickened to see what prices the stuff comes in at.
    I believe you, I don't know but I here that there is huge markup in clothes. It would be nice (or not) to find out the wholesale price of the stuff they stock.

I believe you, I don't know but I here that there is huge markup in clothes. It would be nice (or not) to find out the wholesale price of the stuff they stock.

Trust me, you're better off not knowing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

d-arke wrote:
    Lady in work bought one for €700 in Brown Thomas and the other ladies don't believe her so I've been sent to find out via the web

They sound like they're bitter and jealous, and you're enabling them! Christ, the lengths people will go to in order to try to make other people feel bad. How sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

vibrant wrote:
    They sound like they're bitter and jealous, and you're enabling them! Christ, the lengths people will go to in order to try to make other people feel bad. How sad.

I was gonna say that, but im not that mean.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

I have to admit i buy all my clothes in Brown Thomas and BT2, i know i pay more than there worth but **** it if im gonna look bu-shank

Whats BT like for returns, how do they treat you? I bought a polo there the other day but it is kinda marked on the back. I only noticed it when I got home. It's like it was folded up when damp or something. I hope there's no problem.

* crosses fingers *

Back to topic- Those crowd are just jealous of the woman who bought the bag. Tell them to do their own dirty work.

Whats BT like for returns, how do they treat you? I bought a polo there the other day but it is kinda marked on the back. I only noticed it when I got home. It's like it was folded up when damp or something. I hope there's no problem.

* crosses fingers *

Back to topic- Those crowd are just jealous of the woman who bought the bag. Tell them to do their own dirty work.

14 day full refund. After that you can exchange it or they'll refund it to a gift card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

€700 for a Prada sounds normal. They go up a lot higher than that though as well, she may have bought just a plain bag. Go to NeimanMarcus.com and you can take a look for yourself.

rb_ie wrote:
    14 day full refund. After that you can exchange it or they'll refund it to a gift card.

The lad behind the counter was sound out.. I got a refund cause there wasn't a whole lot there..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe it's just a fake? Considered that. I remember back in the day I had a Louis Vuitton wallet. I was often asked by chicks if it was real or fake. I'd just tell them that if they have to ask then what difference does it make. Mine was real but I didn't pay for it. No way I'd spend that kind of stupid money on an image. That's all it is, an image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PoppyG

700 is actually quite good for a decent sized handbag cause they have some at the moment which are more than double that! And Brown Thomas is great, you find clothes that look tasteful and are not being worn by everyone in the local nightclub! the service is brilliant and the material cannot be cheap! the clothes are inventive, well made and good quality, hence the cost! Although i know the costs exceed gd quality and a marginal amount of the price is the label, so then i guess i fall victim to sometimes being a victim to labels x x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The bf bought a Hugo boss suit in BT Cork recently in the sales for €340, that was originally €680. When he was trying it on, we found a transfer note in the inside pocket that showed the wholesale price as being somewhere in the region of €280, as far as I recall. Some markup between that and the pre-sale price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

vibrant wrote:

Completely agree! I'm actually shocked OP at how sad, bitter and twisted those crooked old witches you work with are!!! Why are they so desperate to find out?? They obviously lead really busy lives. :eek: :eek: :eek: Fair play to the girl for treating herself to a handbag, and f*ck the begrudgers!!!!!!!!! TBH, €700 for a Prada is pretty good value, she may have knocked a few hundred off if anything....

Advertisement