Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for used engines

Options
  • 19-01-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Can anyody help me out, my cousin has a fiat punto sporting 2001 and made a mess of the engine now he needs another anybody any ideas where he might get his hands on one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

There's a big scrapyard in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Ardee Auto Parts they're in the book under dismantlers (042)

They got loads of engines, pricey tho.

How do you make a mess of a 01 engine even a Fait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

T/belt snapped I'd guess ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Traynors in Northern Ireland (048-38891242)

There are loads of them in the West of Ireland - there is a breakers in Ballyhaunis and they had a Punto sporting there a while ago (I was trying to buy the gearbox out of it) but I don't have a number. The good news is that any 16v Punto engine will fit and it is an easy swap.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's gonna be a pain finding an engine for a sporting, as most puntos will be 1.2 8 valve. and as far as i remember, the 1.2 16v from the Bravo is a different unit. good luck!

• Advertisement

Any ELX Punto from '00 on (the MkII) will fit. There are plenty of 16v Puntos about - the scrapyard up the road from me has three of them.

If your mate changes his mind and wants to scrap the car, I'd like the 6-speed gearbox and the rear hubs please... ;)

'c

Interceptor

Do you know where abouts Traynors is in the North. The code looks like
    Co. Down.

You dont race Puntos by any chance....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Thanks for that everyone and by the way he made a mess of it because he got it serviced and when he collected it the guy told him to top it up with oil little did he know the service guy had put oil in and he never checked how much so in the end he had too much in it and it f**ked it up on him app its better to have less than too much

Dubdude wrote:
    its better to have less than too much
    It is critical to have 'the right amount'. My brother (who isn't very mechanical) filled his engine oil to the brim and couldn't understand why it was banging and spluttering. My wife mixed up the oil and water caps and filled her engine with water. I usually forget to put sump plugs back and fill my shoes with oil. What a family - but tell your brother that accidents happen.

@kluivert Traynors are at 86 Armagh Rd. Moy, Co. Down but they deliver countywide and have the best prices bar none. No, I don't race Puntos (yet) but I have owned several, worked on plenty and am putting a Punto 16v into a Cinquecento at the moment. I also tune and modify Punto 8v engines for fun, but I don't do it professionally - its just a hobby. Do you race yourself?

'c

Hey man, am in the unverisal race of life... the one against time my friend lol...

No i dont race, it just sounded as if you did though.

I have often seen the punto race in Mondello on the TV.

Someone crashed into the back the of g/f's car and i was looking for parts to repairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

countywide and have the best prices bar none. No, I don't race Puntos (yet) but I have owned several, worked on plenty and am putting a Punto 16v into a Cinquecento at the moment.
    'c

have you seen the cinquecento with the 1242cc turbo?

Advertisement