Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN from home to office

Options
  • 19-01-2006 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Lew

I want to try to VPN to our internal office network from home. Is there a way I can use software installed on client(home) and destination(office) PC without purchasing hardware (such as Netgear etc)?

I tried playing with OpenVPN but couldnt get it to work. Both PC's are Windows sytems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Have you tried Windows' built in VPN client? (Network Connections/New Connection Wizard/Connect to the network at my workplace/etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I was looking at a software solution that would offer simulateous connections to my office PC. So if I wanted to leave my home pc connected I could then also connect from another pc and browse both the office network on my home pc aswell.

Thanks though

Advertisement