Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars Update

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Has anyone checked out the new update? It's awesome, and it's preparing to merge the old game world with the new one that's released with Factions. Plus, this weekend there's a special PvP event where people can try out the two new classes, Assasin and Ritualist, as well as a handful of special missions and new PvP games. All these can be reached by taking the new boat to Balthasar's Temple. Other minor updates are new title and character select screens, and fixes to certain things.

Check it out and enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

character select screen is purdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

woohoo, it's a pretty cool update. I can't wait to try out the Assasin tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Guild wars is such a poor mans mmorpg. Picked it up for free trial version, even tho its free online, played it, pretty poor ol game.

It takes the worst parts of online games really, its all like one big instance, no interaction.....

I seriously sugest you folk look up a proper good one like warcraft or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Guild wars is such a poor mans mmorpg. Picked it up for free trial version, even tho its free online, played it, pretty poor ol game.

It takes the worst parts of online games really, its all like one big instance, no interaction.....

I seriously sugest you folk look up a proper good one like warcraft or something.

I'm not paying rip-off prices for a game. Online subscriptions don't intrest me.

And Guild Wars is a very interactive game, it's only dull if you use henchmen or play on your own all the time. Which is pointless since it is an MMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yesterday 20:03

How very wrong you are,GW is outstanding as is WOW.
    Almost all reviewers say it picks the best features of mmorpg games and brings them together.
    I play them both and enjoy both,GW is far from a poor mans wow.
    Have you played the PvP content or the GvG?
    I reckon you have played very little GW and base your opinion on that.

I didnt realise there was a free trial tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Ah come on, don't let another Guild Wars thread turn a GW/WoW flame!

The update is really good, lots of things that should have been there from the start, like the training areas. New classes are interesting, haven't had the time to look at the skills in detail though. New areas look sweet as usual, game still looks great.

I'm looking forward to the Factions expansion, it's gonna make the game much more MMORPG-like with the way Guilds can fight for ownership of towns and all that, should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hmm perhaps i should maybe give the full game a try, i duno it just didnt seem to interest me.

And it snot rip off prices tbh, for the content update your getting....12 euro a month, or 9 if you pay the bulk, is rather cheap compared to other online games.

Advertisement