Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Stars Catalogue UPDATED

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Lots of cool new stuff - go go go!

I got myself a plush Chihuahua nintendog

YAY \o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got Mario Power Tennis for GBA... I need something to trade in for when We Love Katamari comes out!

BTW, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is one of the freebies... so if you've got 4000 stars... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Sorry to seem like a pleb but whats all this about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

When you buy nintendo games they have a voucher inside them (for the last few years now) that you can redeem online at http://www.nintendo-europe.com

The thing is they have some great stuff from time to time (like new games and limited edition Nintendo toys) but they get snapped up within about an hour of the catalogue being updated (which is only about 2 or 3 times a year).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/stars/stars_list.jsp?_requestid=86293

You get 250 stars per certain Nintendo game, usually first party. 500 stars for a DS and a GBA and 1000 for a Gamecube. You can trade them in for different things. They're usually crappy wallpapers, ringtones etc. but they sometimes have good stuff, like games and now soft toys.

edit: beaten to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've 3910 stars in total, need 90 more to get a free game, and they won't let me register my 2nd gamecube :( says I've already registered this product under a different code !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Mario Power tennis was all gone, and not exactly thrilled with the prospect of a Nintendogs T-shirt I went for the Dr Mario game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got a cute puppy awwwwwww.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And I missed out on Animal Crossing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bah... too late for monkeyfudge.

I have over 7000 stars as well... and I stoped claiming them about a year an a half ago so I have tonnes of unclaimed stars lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And I missed out on Animal Crossing. :mad:
    Thats what i went straight for... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bah!
    only the crappy looking stuffed toy and a few tshirts left:(

did they actually send out an email to say that the catalogue had been updated?

Nope, I found out on the GameSpot GC forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was just thinking that the last time they put anything decent on it was exactly 1 year ago when the offered the DS packs before they were released in the shops.

I remember quite clearly as I was miserable in Brazil at the time in a internet cafe simply called 'Monkey'

So the next time there's going to be any stuff on it will be January 2007? Revolution VIPs? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got Mario Power Tennis for GBA... I need something to trade in for when We Love Katamari comes out!

BTW, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is one of the freebies... so if you've got 4000 stars... ;)

mario power tennis is fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

How long does it usually take for you to receive things off the Star Catalogue? I gots me a chihuahua and was warned it could take 28 days by the website. Anyone ordered things before?

I got my DS from this about a year ago, iirc it took 2-3 weeks for it to come.

(holy crap... it's a year since I got my DS! Doesn't feel like it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I got my DS from this about a year ago, iirc it took 2-3 weeks for it to come.

(holy crap... it's a year since I got my DS! Doesn't feel like it...)
    You got your DS from the Stars Catalogue?, holy ****!, the bets thing I ever got was some Mario 64 mp3's!, whenever they give something decent away I always miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

You still had to pay for the ds on the stars catalogue, you just got it a month before the european release. it was for pre-launch feedback as anyone getting one was asked to fill out a qiestionnaire of what they thought of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I remember quite clearly as I was miserable in Brazil at the time in a internet cafe simply called 'Monkey'

did it inspire your name, sig and avatar?

• Advertisement
Advertisement