Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for consensus: Video editing, Flash animation

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I want to get into these two areas as I have a few ideas to amuse myself with.

Video editing - ideally a fairly intuitive UI, overlays, frame-by-frame cropping/editing/splicing etc. Neutral file format/container/codec preference - will be dealing with mpeg 1/2/4/KVCD sources plus the various Real, Apple, MS formats and exporting everything as ogm (Xvid/Ogg).
    Anyone care to champion the might of a particular (industry standard?) package? I'm looking for the photoshop of video editing. Any links to solid guides, reference material, cheatsheets etc. would be appreciated too.

Flash animation - Macromedia still make the daddy app(s)? What do I need? Any (OSS) alternatives?
    I may be able to get some help on this, but again, any reference materials or guides are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Either Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro (need a mac) for the video editing would be my recommendation, although you'll probably need an external coder for divx/xvid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I think I've a copy of Premier lying about. Don't have a mac.

I'll doom9 my way through external coding once the initial output is of high enough quality.

Advertisement