Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound card

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

What's the best sound card (not too dear) for recording audio only. I have an onboard Realtec 97, not too bad , but want something better.
    Dave
    Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

M-audio do some very good budget USB audio interfaces. They start at about €120. I use a Miglia Harmony Audio firewire unit. €300 and it's perfect fot what I need. Don't go near any Creative Soundblaster hardware though! Good cards, but no use audio production.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

thanks
    Sturgo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Behringer have a new firewire 2in/2out soundcard for under 100, i'd be interested to try it out but if its cheap, cheerful you want and you wont need coaxial/digital outs or a midi interface i'd say it'll do the trick nicely

Thanks that was more that I knew.
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

as freakonaleashx said, it behringer gear really is "Cheap and cheerful". Ive had experience with their gear, regretted getting some because it was not up to scratch. Personally i'd look at the M-Audio range, Thomann offer some really low prices, and to get to Ireland is only €20 euro shipping.

http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.html?SUBJECT=KOMFORTSUCHE&iwid=6&SUCHBEGRIFF=m+audio&x=0&y=0&LIMIT_WAGR_STR=COXS

The M-Audio Delta 1010LT is what i got in my DAW at the moment. For the price, its amazing!

- Idgeitman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I went and bought an FCA202 just to test it out as it was only €90 and the results are excellent. Its a no frills card. I had the latency down to 2.18ms @48Khz on my 1.7gHz Centrino running @600mHz with a gig of RAM with NO glitches or clicks or pops at all. Thats what I call efficient for a soundcard. FYI i was multitracking in Adobe Audition 1.5

I got an "M-Audio Audiophile 2496" from UK and am quite pleasedwith it so far although I have not had the chance to fully test it.
    Thanks for all your interest
    Dave
    Cork

Advertisement