Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-nvi home autoamtion

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

http://www.e-nvi.com/user.htm

I do not know if anyone has heard or had dealings with this company but they were chosen to enable our houses (Newbridge, Roseberry Hill development). They seem to offer broadband, VOIP telephony (no need for phone line subscription), 20 TV channels etc. Their brochure claims that they install CAT 7 cable with multiple network connection points. It sounds great. Apparently, the developer will "pay" for this job and we will avail of their services.
    It sounds great. Their brochure is not precise regarding the speed of the broadban, do theuy offer it or is it a third party so I just emailed them yesterday to get a few more replies.
    Just wondering if anyone knows more than I do at this stage about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

there seems to be a new trend where the developer shares out a group broadband scheme.

it sounds great, and may well be, but you lose out on the ability to change provider if you're not happy. it might be worth asking things like contention ratio, and what the support contract is like. if it goes down, how soon will a technician be out, and how are your statutory rights to a decent service affected by not paying (i presume) a regular charge

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

patrido wrote:
    there seems to be a new trend where the developer shares out a group broadband scheme.

it sounds great, and may well be, but you lose out on the ability to change provider if you're not happy. it might be worth asking things like contention ratio, and what the support contract is like. if it goes down, how soon will a technician be out, and how are your statutory rights to a decent service affected by not paying (i presume) a regular charge

In the brief info supplied yesterday, there was no mention of compulsory having to sign-up with them. They state thatthey are supplying only a basic package of channels so if they do not supply the full range, I presume, they will not stop me from puting up the sky dish (mind you, I do not know will sky work if there is no classical phone line).
    I asked details about the broadband in my email so they said that they would get back to me tomorrow. I think, if you pay 12 months in advance, you get the whole package (BB, VOIP, cable TV) for 39€per month.

Advertisement