Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

• 19-01-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Easy thread really! Which is your favoured alcohol and metal consumption den? Imo...it'd have to be Bruxelles, hotter girls and a nicer pint!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

I'll have to call it a draw for myself. I know more people in Bruxelles and it is more befitting of my age group, although Fibber's is great for gigs and nights filled with drunken shinanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Its weird walking down the stairs in Bruxelles...in the bar on the right theres loads of colour and dancing, on the left dark and a lot of headbangin! Polar opposites! The barmen in Bruxelles are somethin special, the P.A. is effin blarin and even if ye dont shout megaloud what drink you want they'll understand...Lip-reading must be one of the criteria workin in Bruxys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Anytime I'm up in Dublin onf the p1ss I end up in Bruxelles. Class pub. so that gets my vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Well Fibbers is a rat infested dump. And that's just the crowd. And in Bruxelles it's always really packed, dark and smelly. And the bar staff there are the most ignorant I have ever met not to mention the bad pints. I'll pass on both. Sorry, I'm just not lower class.

No probs, us lower classes better stop drinking there I suppose...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Fibbers is 90% assholes. I can't see why anybody would drink there if they were not an asshole themselves. Surely it would get to you. Bruxies is a step above though, I have to admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Bruxies!!

Ok, FXmeister each to their own! As I said, I prefer Bruxelles but why are '90% of Fibbers assholes?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bruxelles by an absolute mile. Great beer, and a far, far better selection of music.

True Karl!...do they STILL play Angel Of Death, War Ensemble and Enter Sandman as some of the last tunes in Fibbers???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bruxelles by an absolute mile. Great beer, and a far, far better selection of music....and girls
    Right on!

Rockee wrote:
    True Karl!...do they STILL play Angel Of Death, War Ensemble and Enter Sandman as some of the last tunes in Fibbers???

Any time I've been in Fibbers it was the same tunes all the time. Your standard Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, always without fail. Had some excellent nights in Bruxelles, you get everything, Sonata Arctica, Carcass, The Haunted, anything you can think of really.

Cool...might see you there! So anymore for or against Fibbers/Bruxelles and why!?:)

Rockee wrote:
    Cool...might see you there!

Doubtfull. I live in Galway, so I only really go there after a gig or some such.

Nay bothers...next time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doesn't have a patch on the beer house :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Rockee wrote:
    it'd have to be Bruxelles, hotter girls and a nicer pint!:D

Ya wha'? You don't go to either for the girls (although if something should happen...)

I like Bruxelles because the music's good, and the smell is less pugnenet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

prefer bruxelles for all the obvious reasons (smell, bad pints etc.) but most of my mates tend to go there on thursdays so i've no choice really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bruxelles by an absolute mile. Great beer, and a far, far better selection of music.
    By a mile. Haven't been in a while though, but they did play Cynic one of the last times I was there! :eek: :D

Ya wha'? You don't go to either for the girls (although if something should happen...)

Wel I like to act on the presumption that something might happen, I like rock music...and rock girls! If I wanted to get pissed and be in a roomful of lads listenin to metal, Id invite my male friends over for a session!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I've only been in Bruxies a few times, and one of the only times I remember was when i went in, heard ManoWard come on, and looked over and seen the DJ grinning and headbanging...I left shortly afterwards...
    I've ignored the smell in there, its better that Fibbers anyways...
    Bruxelles tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

with many a drunken night as testimony, myself & Bruxelles are good friends. love the place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

There's also Helvete...

But Bruxelles is miles ahead musically compared to Fibbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Bruxelles hands down. I don't go in that often anymore - trying to save.. But when I go in, Fibbers doesn't come into the equation at all, hasn't done in a good 10 years! In Bruxelles you get served straight away (well I do anyway), get anything you want played if Tommy has it & have a good laugh.
    Tazz T wrote:
    There's also Helvete...

There is, but both times I've been there I've felt ancient & I'm only 28.. It's also tiny & feels like you're sitting in your sitting room. Definitely not for me, even with the enticement of cheap drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

gave up FIbbers over 10 years ago, so Brux is now home (well thats where I did have my 30th - damn I am that old :) - hope you enjoyed it Oral Slang).

But the real home was Charlies - christ I miss that place

As for Helvete - aye like your living room, and only once a month now

Ph3n0m wrote:

But the real home was Charlies - christ I miss that place

Ive also heard of a place that was around years ago called the Top Hat? Apparantely Metallica played there. But anyhow, yeah people say Fibbers was much better years ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I used to go to fibbers years ago and magicaly rediscovered it again last year and i'm pleased to report that its still exactly the same.Most thursdays i go to the neptune for a few then up to fibbers where its three quid a pint for a three quid cover charge.I'm 34 btw!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Fibbers, teh best dive in Dublin. Tbh.

I like Fibbers miles more. I get what you all say about the people, in some regards, but I go with mates that I like, so generally just ignore the rest of the spas, you get them everywhere anyway.

Bruxxies is too small, too near the emo bar, awkwardly placed tables/chairs like bad layout, and you never ever get a seat/table for your bags/jackets.

As opposed to Fibbers which has been done up, and is big, and has a dance floor. Yeah, the music probably doesnt compare as well, but at least you'll always be garunteed something good to dance to, somewhere to sit, and you can walk around without hurting yourself.

Besides, last time I was in Bruxxies I got followed to Fibbers by some guy who treid to chat me up by telling me he nearly stabbed his girlfirend in an arguement... wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Jesjes wrote:
    too near the emo bar

eh, what emo bar?????

Jesjes wrote:
    Besides, last time I was in Bruxxies I got followed to Fibbers by some guy who treid to chat me up by telling me he nearly stabbed his girlfirend in an arguement... wtf.

was he a red haired bloke, with it very tightly shaved by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Red haired, but long and curly... He was hot too, shame he was a weirdo. We were talking about reenactment and such. Told me about his axes. Think he might have been gloating, which didnt really work considering I know some people with some serious skillz and could tell he was talking shíte. A mate of mine has been back, and he's since been talking to her. Seemingly it was *her*[his ex] who threathened him... mneh.

The bar on the other side of the stairs. I call it the emo bar, whether it is or not is debatable.

Advertisement