Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jesjes wrote:
    Red haired, but long and curly... He was hot too, shame he was a weirdo.
    Oh did I never say sorry for that. :)

Apart from fibbers and bruxelles, where else is there, is dominion good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Dominion is full of whores.I didnt really like it, but meh, go if you wanna see some freaky goths etc.See a transvestite in there actually...I'll say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fibbers.

It's far more fun and has a much better....well it actually has atmosphere.
    Bruxies can be good sometimes but it's just a very anti-social place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

Ph3n0m wrote:
    gave up FIbbers over 10 years ago, so Brux is now home (well thats where I did have my 30th - damn I am that old :)

Padge?!? Hehehehe. that was a good night. you were so pissed. I'd have to say bruxelles by a mile. What the hell is that smell in fibbers. holy christ its nasty. thats not to say brukkies is all roses but at least you get used to it after a short while (and contribute a bit later on) your always gonna see someone you know in brukkies too. better music too even if it is the loudest place on earth. (see guinnes book of world record under 'loudest place on earth'*)

Ahh but those fibbers days.... 15 years old. getting in at about 4pm to beat the bouncers. knocking back southy and red before the bouncers/cops come in and throw you out. ah memories

*completely untrue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Padge?!? Hehehehe. that was a good night. you were so pissed.[/SIZE]

oh christ - which of my fellow drunken whores is this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

bruxells is the place of choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Ph3n0m wrote:
    gave up FIbbers over 10 years ago, so Brux is now home (well thats where I did have my 30th - damn I am that old :) - hope you enjoyed it Oral Slang).

But the real home was Charlies - christ I miss that place

Yeah Padge, that was a good night alright... Pictures were gas!

Really miss Charlies myself, had some of the best nights there... When I win the Euromillions on Friday, I'm gonna open my equivalent to Charlies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

some people have mentioned the "emo" (or "manic depressive") bar in bruxies. that bar has use. to get your beer without waiting ;)

Oral Slang wrote:
    Yeah Padge, that was a good night alright... Pictures were gas!

Really miss Charlies myself, had some of the best nights there... When I win the Euromillions on Friday, I'm gonna open my equivalent to Charlies!

heh you and emer are planning the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Dathai wrote:
    I remember was when i went in, heard ManoWard come on, and looked over and seen the DJ grinning and headbanging...I left shortly afterwards...

Ah what?! Your loss, a rendition of Lament of the Kings in Bruxelles is the the best way to end any night!

*raises fists in the air*

"I pledge you my sword and to no man I kneel...ours is the kingdom OF STEEEEEEEEEEL!"

:D

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote:
    I've only been in Bruxies a few times, and one of the only times I remember was when i went in, heard ManoWard come on, and looked over and seen the DJ grinning and headbanging...I left shortly afterwards...
    I've ignored the smell in there, its better that Fibbers anyways...
    Bruxelles tbh.

Cant believe I spelt ManoWar wrong :/, pfft, its what I get for typing when Im wrecked :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

i drink in fibbers of a thursday for the 3 euro drinks
    the smell and awful awful pints put me off under all other circumstances

bruxelles is a much nicer pub, but it gets a little old.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    heh you and emer are planning the same thing

Yeah, but unfortunately the €150 million has my name on it tonight! She can come work for me though if she likes! hehe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

wow these all sound like the eat the face of corks metal scene. i think ill pop into bruxelles on saturday after the soulfly gig for a drinky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Charlies was great, miss going in there and having barman know what I'm drinking without asking, think I remember one of the bouncers djing on valentines day one time .. the big boss ... a scene that many might find depressing, but I remember fondly.Sitting under the tv at the back, enjoying a snake bite and black, pretty confident my songs will be played on the juke box in due time. (sigh)

I remember back in the day when you actually had to que up outside bruxelles to get in, the bar was at the back (down where tommy djs) and it could take longer to get your drink then it takes for your songs to come on the juke box

Bruxelles was my choice for years, but the last two years the pints were getting steadily worse, and the barman (the long haired little ****ing prick, you know who I mean) pissed me off to the nth degree.

but ... apparently he's been fired (just what I heard) ... so might head in there again.

I remember going to fibbers about 8 years ago .. was the night tyson fought holyfield and bit his ear I think, there were too many dickheads in the place trying to look evil I think .. some dude carrying a bible around ... pissed me right off. Stayed out of there until the last couple of years.

The Thing Mote was cool, up until last summer when it got changed to O'Donoghues.

Cactus Col wrote:
    but ... apparently he's been fired for lifting from the till (just what I heard) ... so might head in there again.

Nah he wasnt. but he is gone now - decent folk at the bar - heh they know what I drink, thats all I care about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Nah he wasnt. but he is gone now - decent folk at the bar - heh they know what I drink, thats all I care about

had a feeling that wasn't true ..... did he quit? (just a nosey bastard me)

but whatever reason he's gone, the place is better for it.

Cactus Col wrote:
    had a feeling that wasn't true ..... did he quit? (just a nosey bastard me)

but whatever reason he's gone, the place is better for it.

aye he did quit - but he was just pissed cause we all used to take this piss out of him when he started there as a glass collector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

Cactus Col wrote:
    Charlies was great, miss going in there and having barman know what I'm drinking without asking, think I remember one of the bouncers djing on valentines day one time .. the big boss ... a scene that many might find depressing, but I remember fondly.Sitting under the tv at the back, enjoying a snake bite and black, pretty confident my songs will be played on the juke box in due time. (sigh)

Haha, yeah I used think that was the funniest thing, when Simon used to dj upstairs in his hawaiian shirt... Those nights were brilliant, especially when they'd have a lock in afterwards! Ah the memories.. We had the best nights there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StevieBaby

I've never been to Bruxelles. I've been goin to fibbers for about six months now, Most of the folk there are quite deadly. Never saw a guy with a bible, to be honest, the smell in fibbers is a bit of a turn off, but then again who notices the smell after a couple hours of 3 euro drinks on a thursday night?
    And I believe we've gone and imported a few very good lookin yound wans recently for those of ya who are in it for the women.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I was there last night, Fibbers that is. Have to say, its more packed than I remember it, and I havent been in a few months. Really strange. It increases the smell which leads me to believe more smelly rockers = more smelly fibbers...

Was in Dorans at the start of the night as well, the amount of underage poser/punk kiddies taht were there was unreal... I think a whole bunch of them just turned 18 and invaded the place together. I wanted to shoot them all to put them out of their misery.

Fibbers is still classic tbh. :)

Dorans is now a aprt of the Emo confederation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

bruxells is alright but fibbers is deadly for goin mad and not givin a s**t!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

You weren't one of those people who spent the whole time shouting DOWN WITH EMO, were you? Cuz its bad enough having to put up with the fcukers nevermind having to listen to people yelling the whole time.

Must be worse being emo.

D'ya reckon an emo bar will open up at some point?

I was heading into Fibbers on saturday, got asked for ID, and I know exactly why, I was chatting with a lad that always goes in with underagers.Note to self, stay away from him.Fibbers has a better atmosphere, i only go into Bruxelles mostly when Im with people who are fairly big regulars.Emphasis on "big", I dont like getting started on :P .Fibbers for atmosphere, bruxies for music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Fibbers has always been the best of both for me. But recently they have just been letting kids in, even more than before. Some are really obiviously under age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Must be worse being emo.

D'ya reckon an emo bar will open up at some point?

the mezz is a kind of ska-meets-emo place these days

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote:
    I was heading into Fibbers on saturday, got asked for ID, and I know exactly why, I was chatting with a lad that always goes in with underagers.Note to self, stay away from him.Fibbers has a better atmosphere, i only go into Bruxelles mostly when Im with people who are fairly big regulars.Emphasis on "big", I dont like getting started on :P .Fibbers for atmosphere, bruxies for music.

started on - jesus only the kids in bruxelles do that - most of the regulars cant be having with that

Advertisement