Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Drummo

I drink in both but I'd go with Fibbers.

I find most of the people in Buxelles to be posers and quite up themselves. It's alot more fun and easy going in Fibbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

Do people still get started on. i remember going to gigs in McGonagles and seeing young fellas outside that got burst for their ticket or the t-shirt they were wearing. i had a craft knife put to my throat for an Entombed long sleeve walking up Claronden St before Massacre i think, i managed to run and keep my shirt.

Ah the good owld days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

gokgok wrote:
    Do people still get started on. i remember going to gigs in McGonagles and seeing young fellas outside that got burst for their ticket or the t-shirt they were wearing. i had a craft knife put to my throat for an Entombed long sleeve walking up Claronden St before Massacre i think, i managed to run and keep my shirt.

Ah the good owld days

Don't think ticket bashing goes on anymore (well not that I've heard). I thanked my lucky stars that I was a girl every time I went to a gig in the SFX. There were always groups of guys going around robbing tickets, but they never touched the girls.. Manys the gig, some poor fecker was outside pleading with the people on the door to get in, cos someone had robbed his ticket! There really were a lot of nasty people going around back then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

gokgok wrote:

Ah the good owld days

nah no one gets bashed for their tickets anymore. I remember that Massacre gig - twas most joyous.

I do remember some dickhead mugging me for my Anthrax tshirt - the prick - but I comfort myself that he is probably dead somewhere :)

I remember the bashings that went on at the SFX - so many near misses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

McGonagles, now there is a blast from the past.
    It would be nice to have more options then just Fibber and Bruxelles
    I was up in Dundalk recently and ended up in what seemed to be an aul lads pub
    the guiness was good but they had Appettie for Destruction playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Wasn't Charlies at the side of what is now Break for the Border? Trying to remember back 15 years ago. I remember being there but I was always really pi55ed that I can't remember where it was. Usually went there after the William Tell (now Hairy Lemon). The snakebite years.......

Wasn't Charlies at the side of what is now Break for the Border? Trying to remember back 15 years ago. I remember being there but I was always really pi55ed that I can't remember where it was. Usually went there after the William Tell (now Hairy Lemon). The snakebite years.......

nearly right - Charlies was on the corner of what is now called Capitol bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

I don't really like Fibbers. Every time I go in it's as if people are immediately judging you, and no one will actually talk to you unless you either look the part or are in their clique. It's alright though when you're with the right people. And €3 drinks on Thursdays? I'm there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Fibbers has young hot pussy in abundance...naievty ripe for plundering...:-) It also has a high quotient of scum tho....Club Mezz is my tavern of choice...fine music fine women...

h-street23 wrote:
    Fibbers has young hot pussy in abundance...naievty ripe for plundering...:-) It also has a high quotient of scum tho....Club Mezz is my tavern of choice...fine music fine women...

Club Mezz??? Where prey tell is that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Do ya really wanna anywhere that someone recommeneds when they use the term "hot pussy"...? Okay...ya probably do being a bloke and all but still.

I think he's talking about the Mezzenine that's already been mentioned. I think its a **** venue for bands, and generally full of students and crusties. And exchange students.

Jesjes wrote:
    Do ya really wanna anywhere that someone recommeneds when they use the term "hot pussy"...? Okay...ya probably do being a bloke and all but still.

I think he's talking about the Mezzenine that's already been mentioned. I think its a **** venue for bands, and generally full of students and crusties. And exchange students.

why yes I would - anyone that can recommend some toasted cat gets a definite plus mark from me :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Classy guys eh!

Anyone who's cat is toasted needs to see a doctor tbh. I am sure there is a cream for that. Or maybe its just after they've encountered you classy men that it burns...? :P

Jesjes wrote:
    Classy guys eh!

Anyone who's cat is toasted needs to see a doctor tbh. I am sure there is a cream for that. Or maybe its just after they've encountered you classy men that it burns...? :P

classy men - who me? Nah, not classy at all

Taking the piss though, why yes, yes I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

fibbers! €3 drinks on thursday. great craic.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    classy men - who me? Nah, not classy at all

Taking the piss though, why yes, yes I am
    :) Ever exctracting the urine.

I was gonna go to Fibbers last night after the Mael Mordha gig [which fcukin' rocked] but ended up staying in Voodoo for a while instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Twas a good gig - was it not?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Jesjes wrote:
    :) Ever exctracting the urine.

I was gonna go to Fibbers last night after the Mael Mordha gig [which fcukin' rocked] but ended up staying in Voodoo for a while instead.

last nite was a bit nutty in fibbers tbh, loads of fights, big racist fight on the corner of oconnel street beside the ambassador, some group of scumbags picked a fight on 2 black guys and started trying to beat heads in with rocks and all, nasty ****, in fibbers some guy got is head split open and there was just a nutty atmosphere...and i dont mean a usual nutty one...anyway im going back to sleep off my hangover...

well some of us weren't at the Mael Mordha gig, but we were entertained by Lar (of Fisted Sister fame, djing in Brux)

Such classics as Dokken, Ratt, Twisted Sister and as much other cheese as you could get onto a cracker - but it was funny - especially when some dozy cow asked for something "romantic" - his response was to play (well I actually cant remember, but it was funny at the time)

Tazz T wrote:
    Twas a good gig - was it not?
    Amazing. Wanna go see them in Galway.

Weird, I probably know most of ye to see, but have no idea who you are on here.

Glad you had a good night Ph3n0m. Mael Mordha ftw though :P
    splinter wrote:
    last nite was a bit nutty in fibbers tbh, loads of fights, big racist fight on the corner of oconnel street beside the ambassador, some group of scumbags picked a fight on 2 black guys and started trying to beat heads in with rocks and all, nasty ****, in fibbers some guy got is head split open and there was just a nutty atmosphere...and i dont mean a usual nutty one...anyway im going back to sleep off my hangover...

Fibbers can be a bit like that sometimes. I was there once when two lads started on two "rockers" and then they started on each other, then the gaurds tried to stop them. Then the knackers started on the gaurds, kickin' them round! Then a van, three gaurda cars and a swarm of gaurds from the station at the end of O Connell street arrived and fcuked them into the back of a van. I *nearly* got to bring home one of their walkie talkie things, but the gaurd had a busted nose, so I felt bad and gave it back to him. Heh, nearly kept the hat as well. But, he asked taht back too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What a deadly night!

After much consideration, I think I'll keep the tap.

So who like the newly renovated metal section in Brux - I like my comfy sofas, I do :)

Plus finally a flucking mp3 jukebox, new dj (so long Tommy) only issue is you cant get to the DJ to request a song (boo!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

I didn't like the new look of Bruxelles at first but I've warmed to it now. Nice jukebox too. I was there Friday night absolutely bollocked and I don't remember any of what the DJ was playing.

I didn't like the new look of Bruxelles at first but I've warmed to it now. Nice jukebox too. I was there Friday night absolutely bollocked and I don't remember any of what the DJ was playing.

a sign of a good night :)

Plus lots of womens boobs from what I remember of Saturday night Padge!

Careful or I will post that movie clip online :) - although your boobs arent featured, so you probably dont care :)

Haha, I went through what went on on Saturday night before I posted... So post away - twas really funny though - the video that is.. Not you, licking some minging birds armpits!

Nah, cant be doing that - the other half would kill me for posting her booberage on a site. Plus I would have to get everyone's permission - and also take my mug out of it :)

You're right too, too much cleavage of the male & female kind (not to mention nipples), to be shown on t'internet.. I was rightly shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dr Faust

ah fibbers. where else can you drink two bottles of buckfast simultaneously while rocking out to slayer, falling over. less knackers around bruxelles though. wish i was drunk now...

Advertisement