Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I like em both, but the presence of a beer garden tips the scales for me.

Fibbers ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Dathai wrote:
    can have a good aul chat with them about something

while i agree with everything you said, i have to say this is totally inaccurate :p

the music in bruxelles is way too loud to have a proper conversation. really gets on my nerves, especially when it's "one of those nights" where nothing but obscure death metal is playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

while i agree with everything you said, i have to say this is totally inaccurate :p

the music in bruxelles is way too loud to have a proper conversation. really gets on my nerves, especially when it's "one of those nights" where nothing but obscure death metal is playing

then you're not speaking loudly or clearly enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I was there on saturday and we could all chat delightfully. Incidentally Daithai, did you come down after I was talking to you outside? I can't remember... Yesterday I found out another few things I don't remember... May not go back there for a while. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Where do Metallica drink when they are in town??? Well it aint Fibbers ;)

Bruxers wins :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sizzler wrote:
    Where do Metallica drink when they are in town??? Well it aint Fibbers ;)

Bruxers wins :D

Slipknot darnk in fibbers after thier last gig and just for the record they behaved like a bunch of obnoxious dickheads,as did thier security.
    Mettalica can drink in Boomerang for all i care!:)

Degsy wrote:
    Slipknot darnk in fibbers after thier last gig and just for the record they behaved like a bunch of obnoxious dickheads,as did thier security.
    Mettalica can drink in Boomerang for all i care!:)

The gf got a lock-in with Slayer in ***** before - the bitch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

especially when it's "one of those nights" where nothing but obscure death metal is playing

when are these??? certainily not friday nights anyway
    the heavest you will get then is newer opeth stuff (not really heavy)

are anyother nights heavier??

the music in buxelles is actually starting to p**s me off on fridays... too much crap playing and too much prog rock/metal and I do agree the music is a bit too loud in bruxelles if u want a chat with yer mates

Ph3n0m wrote:
    The gf got a lock-in with Slayer in ***** before - the bitch :)

Man,you SO dont want to hear what goes on at those lock ins!:D :D

gline wrote:
    when are these??? certainily not friday nights anyway
    the heavest you will get then is newer opeth stuff (not really heavy)

are anyother nights heavier??

the music in buxelles is actually starting to p**s me off on fridays... too much crap playing and too much prog rock/metal and I do agree the music is a bit too loud in bruxelles if u want a chat with yer mates

Some bastard put feckin oasis on the jukebox in fibbers last saturda..i assumed it was a joke but i'm not so sure.
    Did anybody catch the band in fibbers on saturday?Brilliant,cant remember thier name but they went down better than anything i've ever seen there.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote:
    Man,you SO dont want to hear what goes on at those lock ins!:D :D

Nothing happens - thats the problem, just drinking and music - no sexual adventures. There I was with my money and all, and all I got was drink - I mean c'mon :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Nothing happens - thats the problem, just drinking and music - no sexual adventures. There I was with my money and all, and all I got was drink - I mean c'mon :)

Feck that..whatever happened to the coke-fuelled rock n roll orgies of yore?If PAul D'Anno was dead he'd be spinning in his grave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Went to Bruxelles at the weekend and only lasted one drink. I really can't stand the place these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

I have been told by people I should go to Bruxelles (I only just moved to Ireland and don't know anyone that likes metal here really) but I am yet to go. I'll let you know what I think when I have.
    Where is Fibbers? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

anyone else notice that thursday nights in fibbers now charges €5 at the door? kind of puts a stinger on the night, especially when you find out it's because of people drinking kopperberg (or however it's spelled). apparently it costs fibbers €3.20 to import, and since thursday = €3/drink, they loose money on every kopperberg they sell. bah!

hahahaha, go to an off licence sometime and buy Kopparberg, they aren't loosing anything on it.

The first night it went up to a fiver I asked at the door. I was told pay or **** off. That was the second last night I went to fibbers. I was told recently the extra charge was to cover the cost of doing up the bathrooms. I wonder what happened to the money from the sale of the beer garden... I miss thee beer garden!

Ph3n0m wrote:

Cheers!

Mantel wrote:
    hahahaha, go to an off licence sometime and buy Kopparberg, they aren't loosing anything on it.

The first night it went up to a fiver I asked at the door. I was told pay or **** off. That was the second last night I went to fibbers. I was told recently the extra charge was to cover the cost of doing up the bathrooms. I wonder what happened to the money from the sale of the beer garden... I miss thee beer garden!

Doing up the bathrooms?Thats a laugh riot!They now have a load of badly-installed cubicles where the gents used to be upstairs and the same stinking dungeon downstairs for the blokes as they ever had.The increase is to make money no more no less.

Mantel wrote:

they sold the beer garden? i was under the impression that someone threw a glass at the owners fancy car so they cordoned off the carpark

they sold the beer garden? i was under the impression that someone threw a glass at the owners fancy car so they cordoned off the carpark

It was uncordened up to 9 last saturday but when the fibbers proles started inching towards yer mans fancy car the surly bloke with the ponytail came out and barried us all back in where we belong!:D

• Advertisement

so i was in dominion for the first time last night...

i enjoy teh industrial music so this was going to be an experience, because while i know the music, i am by no means a leather-wearing, whips n chains loving goth.

so i heard the place stank in a way that would make fibbers smell like roses, but it didn't at all. smelled like burning incense, which was quite nice tbh! sharing the toilets with frasiers also meant bumping into a few ladies who were intrigued as to the goings on in the seedy underworld of gothness.

anyway, dominion is quite small but still kind of cool, it wasn't nearly packed enough to turn into a sweat box. enjoyed the music but i didn't appreciate my request for KMFDM being turned down because "they're not electro enough". got a funny look when i said "well play a fuppin remix then"... he also denied my request for combichrist because "someone played it earlier".

well, he played KMFDM remixing NIN and ended the night with combichrist... victory is mine!

anyway, even if you don't like the music, it's worth checking out just to see some of the "dancing"... it's a sight for sore eyes i tell ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Heh! Sounds like you asked one of the guest djs so it's the luck of the draw whether they have/feel like playing your request. The house djs are far more likely to do so.

I was on last so got in playing KMFDM - Anarchy, NIN - Head Like a Hole and of course Combichrist :)

Can someone please tell me where Dominion is? Is it an actual club or just a night held in a club? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://dominion.gothic.ie/
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/location.html

Dominion is held on Saturday night from 9:30 pm to 2:30 am.
    The Cellar Bar, Frazers, 35 O'Connell St, Dublin 1.

Thaedydal wrote:
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/location.html

Dominion is held on Saturday night from 9:30 pm to 2:30 am.
    The Cellar Bar, Frazers, 35 O'Connell St, Dublin 1.

Thanks, I might show up there sometime. I'm a bit worried that it isn't the best place to meet people or hang out though as usually goths tend to be a bit snobby towards new people. (in other countries not sure about in Ireland though) Will have to see for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a mailing list for the club and for the scene in general.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iegoth/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mother_russia/

So you could join those and say hi and virtually meet a few people before hand.

Thaedydal wrote:
    There is a mailing list for the club and for the scene in general.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iegoth/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mother_russia/

So you could join those and say hi and virtually meet a few people before hand.

You're very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

It's a reasonably friendly place :) Most people get to know other people thru our doorman Alan, who tends to adopt waifs and strays, especially non-Irish ones! The music is mainly goth/ebm/alternative, so Bauhaus thru to VNV Nation, with only a little bit of metal (Rob Zombie, Within Temptation, that kind of thing). As it's free you can go there and Fibbers round the corner for the same price as Fibbers alone ;)

Greg

nephster wrote:
    It's a reasonably friendly place :) Most people get to know other people thru our doorman Alan, who tends to adopt waifs and strays, especially non-Irish ones! The music is mainly goth/ebm/alternative, so Bauhaus thru to VNV Nation, with only a little bit of metal (Rob Zombie, Within Temptation, that kind of thing). As it's free you can go there and Fibbers round the corner for the same price as Fibbers alone ;)

Greg

I like alot of electronic stuff too so it sounds good. I just want to go out somewhere without putting up with the annoying men that I have encountered in alot of places. Nice it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Been there a couple of times. A bit *too* gothic for me but quite nice nonetheless, the locals are reasonably friendly and talkative, the music's good, and the Guinness is pretty good too (and its black, always a bonus in somewhere like Dominion!)

Never met any boardsters there, certainly not knowing they were boardsters, but ran into a guy who worked with me and was all gothed up (I don't know which of us was more surprised to see each other there!)

Advertisement