Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

fibbers smells like urine and all the ex fibbers heads (mature metalers) end up in bruxies.

tbh, if your up for a night of sweaty men and head banging than either is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Never met any boardsters there, certainly not knowing they were boardsters, but ran into a guy who worked with me and was all gothed up (I don't know which of us was more surprised to see each other there!)

never met any boardsters period... though one or two have been pointed out to me in fibbers. never introduced myself

"hi, i'm PROJECTMAYHEM, PH33R"... doesn't quite have a nice ring to it tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

nephster wrote:
    It's a reasonably friendly place :) Most people get to know other people thru our doorman Alan, who tends to adopt waifs and strays, especially non-Irish ones! The music is mainly goth/ebm/alternative, so Bauhaus thru to VNV Nation, with only a little bit of metal (Rob Zombie, Within Temptation, that kind of thing). As it's free you can go there and Fibbers round the corner for the same price as Fibbers alone ;)

Greg

Why,here you are Greg!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap2lOSaWBFs&search=greg%20dominion

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

I should point out that the audio is out of sync on that and I *do* know the words :)

I'll get you for that Degsy - remember, I know where you work seeing as I share an office with you ;)

G*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

"hi, i'm PROJECTMAYHEM, PH33R"... doesn't quite have a nice ring to it tbh
    is the PH33R silent?
    :s

I must pop into Dominion some time, only been to bruxies(which I always pronounced wrong) twice as well, must remedy that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

is the PH33R silent?
    :s

I must pop into Dominion some time, only been to bruxies(which I always pronounced wrong) twice as well, must remedy that.

How is it pronounced? I imagine it's like Brussels.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

How is it pronounced? I imagine it's like Brussels.... :confused:

yup or Bruxies (pronounced like its spelt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Was in Fibbers on Thursday night and had a class night. The €5 in doesn't bother me really, it just depends on what/how much you drink that determines how worth while it is.

Havn't been in Bruxelles since it was done up though so I'll wait till I'm back in college to make my decision. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ph3n0m wrote:
    yup or Bruxies (pronounced like its spelt)
    I always said bru-cells.

I always said bru-cells.

That is an acceptable ethnic variant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ph3n0m wrote:

how is "the pit of doom"?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Ethnic variance. \o/

I was told over and over it was brux-elles so I changed to that.
    To spice it up, I will randomly say either, even when typing it, but you won't know!
    Bruxelles Bruxelles Bruxelles Bruxelles Bruxelles.

how is "the pit of doom"?

the pit of doom is as it always has been - reeking of disinfectent masking the urinal smell, the pints look sloppy but the whiskey....ah the whiskey and free splashes of coke I get....lovely

I do like me jack daniels in that place..better than the manky,expensive pints.

Degsy wrote:
    I do like me jack daniels in that place..better than the manky,expensive pints.

Aye - and the missus like her vodka...nothing else just vodka

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Aye - and the missus like her vodka...nothing else just vodka

Maybe your marraige needs to be looked at :D:D

Degsy wrote:
    Maybe your marraige needs to be looked at :D:D

nah just our respective livers :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    nah just our respective livers :)

Try drinking fibbers 3euro fosters all night,my liver screams in protest..luckily it cant be heard above the music!

Degsy wrote:
    Try drinking fibbers 3euro fosters all night,my liver screams in protest..luckily it cant be heard above the music!

Cant be having that, Fosters is nothing but weak plish - in fact boo to all beers

nah mate,fosters is at the stronger end ofthe pissy lager spectrum..i think its 5.2 % wheras most others are around 4.2% or summat like that.Trying to cut down anyway its making me too fat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

In that case, it's the calories that you should look at, not the alcohol content.

Fosters contains 42 calories. Compare that with Miller's 43, Heineken's 45, Guinness' 43, Corona's 45, Beck's 43, Budweiser's 40... And ya find that there ain't much difference really.

But Degsy's spot on, Fosters is 5.25% alcohol. Which does put it rather high in the lager spectrum, only really bettered by Heineken at 5.41%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Cant be having that, Fosters is nothing but weak plish - in fact boo to all beers

cider ftw :D

nothing like a nice pint of bulmers :p

SebtheBum wrote:
    In that case, it's the calories that you should look at, not the alcohol content.

Fosters contains 42 calories. Compare that with Miller's 43, Heineken's 45, Guinness' 43, Corona's 45, Beck's 43, Budweiser's 40... And ya find that there ain't much difference really.

But Degsy's spot on, Fosters is 5.25% alcohol. Which does put it rather high in the lager spectrum, only really bettered by Heineken at 5.41%.

Sorry mate but normal heineken is nowhere near 5.41%,its 4.2% or near enough.heineken export is even weaker,limping in at just over 3%..not even fit for a woman!:D

Nah mate. Heineken is 5.4%. Everywhere I've found seems to back that up.

from heineken.com

Heineken fact sheet

Heineken pilsener

Brewed the world over
    Craftsmanship and a unique recipe put Heineken on the map, and consistent high quality has now made it the world's most international premium beer, well loved in more than 170 countries.

Devotion to quality for three generations
    Heineken was created by a group of dedicated people pursuing the highest quality and craftsmanship in brewing. The Heineken the world drinks today is still brewed using the original, unrivalled recipe invented three generations ago by the Heineken family.

Its mildly bitter taste, fresh, fruity aroma, bright colour and exceptional clarity are obtained using only the purest water, hops and barley malt.
    Gravity: Original extracts 11-12% by weight
    Alcohol: 5% vol.
    Bitterness: 23 EBU
    Colour: 7 EBC

As a policy, we do not use any raw materials that have been genetically modified.

Traditional varieties
    The varieties of Heineken represent a renewal of traditions going back centuries. Our brewers apply the same superior quality standards to the world-famous Heineken pilsner as to these unique specialty beers.

Heineken Tarwebok/ Special Dark (USA)
    Traditionally brewed and drunk in autumn, this aromatic, strong beer has a full-bodied, spicy taste derived from unique malts made with roasted spring barley and wheat. This product is available in the Netherlands only, and in the USA under the name Special Dark.

Heineken Oud Bruin
    One of the most traditional Dutch beer types, 'Old Brown' derives its rich, dark colour and taste from its dark malt and hops. Natural sugar gives it a mildly sweet, caramel taste. It is only available in the Netherlands.

Supporting quality in the arts
    Heineken supports quality art and sporting events around the globe. We devote energy to encouraging young talent and bringing together the best performing artists at festivals, concerts and other venues.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    from heineken.com

Heineken fact sheet

Heineken pilsener

Brewed the world over
    Craftsmanship and a unique recipe put Heineken on the map, and consistent high quality has now made it the world's most international premium beer, well loved in more than 170 countries.

Devotion to quality for three generations
    Heineken was created by a group of dedicated people pursuing the highest quality and craftsmanship in brewing. The Heineken the world drinks today is still brewed using the original, unrivalled recipe invented three generations ago by the Heineken family.

Its mildly bitter taste, fresh, fruity aroma, bright colour and exceptional clarity are obtained using only the purest water, hops and barley malt.
    Gravity: Original extracts 11-12% by weight
    Alcohol: 5% vol.
    Bitterness: 23 EBU
    Colour: 7 EBC

As a policy, we do not use any raw materials that have been genetically modified.

Traditional varieties
    The varieties of Heineken represent a renewal of traditions going back centuries. Our brewers apply the same superior quality standards to the world-famous Heineken pilsner as to these unique specialty beers.

Heineken Tarwebok/ Special Dark (USA)
    Traditionally brewed and drunk in autumn, this aromatic, strong beer has a full-bodied, spicy taste derived from unique malts made with roasted spring barley and wheat. This product is available in the Netherlands only, and in the USA under the name Special Dark.

Heineken Oud Bruin
    One of the most traditional Dutch beer types, 'Old Brown' derives its rich, dark colour and taste from its dark malt and hops. Natural sugar gives it a mildly sweet, caramel taste. It is only available in the Netherlands.

Supporting quality in the arts
    Heineken supports quality art and sporting events around the globe. We devote energy to encouraging young talent and bringing together the best performing artists at festivals, concerts and other venues.

Sod me,i've been drinking the stuff for a decade and i'd no idea it was that strong.I wondered how i used to get so pisshed :D

To be honest, I'm just as surprised as you are. I never drink the stuff these days, but I'm glad I have a belated excuse for those times in the distant past when I used to get absolutely twatted on 'Heino'...

My calories ratio, I've discovered, was in fact disingenuous, as all those figures relate to calories-per-100ml... Which is sod-all, to be precise.

Anyway, just to get back on-topic... Fibbers ftw. Especially on Thursdays!

Fibbers faith and begorrah!
    Thusdays and saturdays and ya allways get a seat if your too posh to mosh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

A seat? In Fibbers on Thursdays? Since when? :D

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote:
    A seat? In Fibbers on Thursdays? Since when? :D

Go in before 11 no problemo.OR ya could sit upstairs with the stench.

Advertisement