Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Or Bruxelles????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

I only recently started going to Fibbers as my mates go there and I meet a lot of my old college mates! I find it great craic and socialable! As for the music, its good better then RnB and chart music! I it bearly plays hardcore metal but you do get abit of a mosh and I like the rock and some grunge music, they play sometimes! The place is a kip but still like it alot! I much prefer going to Fibbers rather then the usual, trendy nightclubs! Im gone off going to trendy nightclubs big time!! I never been to Bruxelles and like to try it out and Dominions for the Goth and techno scene but a friend told me its full of posers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fibbers is getting unbearable on thursdays.
    There are too many studded belts and angled fringes.
    And ofcourse with all the extra clientelle, the heat is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

and the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Degsy wrote:
    Go in before 11 no problemo.OR ya could sit upstairs with the stench.
    Ah I mean the smoking area, I've never actually tried to get a seat indoors now that I think of it. :o

As for the smell, hrm I've never really noticed it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

just heard fibbers will end the €3/drink thursday nights from next week on

hello bruxelles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What's your source?
    And why?

Yea I heard that last night too. Not a direct source though, twas from a mate who heard from "a guy whos been going there for about 15years". I'll take it with a grain of salt tbh. :D

Twud be a major pity if they did, I have a feeling the great atmosphere thats been in there the last while, on Thursdays anyway, has been becuase of those €3 drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

they sold the beer garden? i was under the impression that someone threw a glass at the owners fancy car so they cordoned off the carpark

I was talking about the old beer garden young one. The old beer garden was big and proper not just a fecking car park with some barriers around it. It even had a decent covered area people could go if it was raining. Now its a smokearium and a car park...

If your standing right outside the door to fibbers look to the left. The area right beside fibbers was the old beer garden, the doors to the ice machine downstairs used to be the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Mantel wrote:
    I was talking about the old beer garden young one.

Ah the memories of buying hotdogs in that beer garden at about 2 in the morning, sitting on top of those camping site tables with umbrellas.... Spent many a summer there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Oral Slang wrote:
    Ah the memories of buying hotdogs in that beer garden at about 2 in the morning, sitting on top of those camping site tables with umbrellas.... Spent many a summer there!

hehehe you beer garden tart...or was that me...or mark...or everyone that went there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fibberite

Fibbers is the best pub in Dublin!the people are all lovely and will talk to any1!bruxelles is the most uncompfortable metal/rock pub with people judgin u on wat u wear!and all the staff in fibbers are lovely!!

Fibberite wrote:
    Fibbers is the best pub in Dublin!the people are all lovely and will talk to any1!bruxelles is the most uncompfortable metal/rock pub with people judgin u on wat u wear!and all the staff in fibbers are lovely!!

Again an opinion brought on by complete ignorance - it doesnt matter where you go, you will always be judged by some small minded persons

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Again an opinion brought on by complete ignorance - it doesnt matter where you go, you will always be judged by some small minded persons

Don't feed the trolls.

Mantel wrote:
    Don't feed the trolls.

But if we dont, they starve, and if they die who will look after the unicorns

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibberite wrote:

More like a shill...."all the staff are lovely" hehehe!

What's your source?
    And why?

source is a mate who spoke to some other mate who spoke to the manager. dubious, i know, but i've since heard from completely un-related people. apparently there's a discussion on the fibbers forums, of which the URL is unknown to me
    Mantel wrote:
    I was talking about the old beer garden young one.

oh sorry old man :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I found the fibbers forums, on myspace.... go to groups and search for "Fibbers".

Personally I've heard it a few times too, I dunno how reliable it is though.

I think I'll ring them and ask. Done. WELL!!!

It's on the cards apparently. And it's all due to vandalism. I spoke with Chris who basically said that Three Euro Thurs brings a whole load of people who dont usually drink there, and they're wreaking the place. Between vandalising the toilets, ripping the toilet paper off the walls etc. He said why would they bother selling drink below cost price when people are wreaking the place and when they then have to replace all that.

Well, that saved lots of guessing and hmm-ing and hawwing. He did say though taht its business as usual tonight and no decisions have been made yet.

I'd hope that people take it as a warning and cop the fuck on, and if they see others acting the dick, tell em to stop.

Jesjes wrote:
    I found the fibbers forums, on myspace.... go to groups and search for "Fibbers".

Personally I've heard it a few times too, I dunno how reliable it is though.

I think I'll ring them and ask. Done. WELL!!!

It's on the cards apparently. And it's all due to vandalism. I spoke with Chris who basically said that Three Euro Thurs brings a whole load of people who dont usually drink there, and they're wreaking the place. Between vandalising the toilets, ripping the toilet paper off the walls etc. He said why would they bother selling drink below cost price when people are wreaking the place and when they then have to replace all that.

Well, that saved lots of guessing and hmm-ing and hawwing. He did say though taht its business as usual tonight and no decisions have been made yet.

I'd hope that people take it as a warning and cop the fuck on, and if they see others acting the dick, tell em to stop.

bouncers are doing a stellar job then :rolleyes:

Jesjes wrote:
    ...ripping the toilet paper off the walls etc...
    lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

gizmo wrote:
    lol?
    obviously she means wallpaper simon.

they also ripped tiles of the walls. i hate that ****. its everyone else that suffers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Woops, yeah, I meant wallpaper. Though he mighta mentioned something about toilet paper too, hence the confusion.

On the myspace forum the general opinion was that it was for the better if they come to an end. A lot of people seem fed up with the teeny boppers getting in etc.

Bouncers used to be sounder, I think they were told to be meaner or something.

Jesjes wrote:
    It's on the cards apparently. And it's all due to vandalism. I spoke with Chris who basically said that Three Euro Thurs brings a whole load of people who dont usually drink there, and they're wreaking the place.

Fibbers has never had the reputation for refusing people... or even throwing them out if they're acting the a**hole. It's not surprising tbh.

So was anyone in Brux last night - and who enjoyed my quality amount of crap I put on the jukebox :)

phreak wrote:
    obviously she means wallpaper simon.

they also ripped tiles of the walls. i hate that ****. its everyone else that suffers.
    Dave, joke/sarcasm/pointing out something funny/stop taking the internet so seriosuly. :D

But yes, it'd be a shame for it to be ruined by the sudden influx of the emo/teeny boppers and their anti social "I hate my parents" ways. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

bruxies. pity about the new layout, it's dire :/

well in fibbers now they're doing €3 drinks on both wednesday and thursday, not getting rid of it at all ;)

well in fibbers now they're doing €3 drinks on both wednesday and thursday, not getting rid of it at all ;)
    Source? For how long?

Awesome.

I can confirm that too Gizzy, this coming Wednesday and Thursday will be three euro drinks nights. Spoke with Dave [manager] who I'd say had a pain in the arse telling people it wasnt the last one ever.

I dunno if it'll be an on-going thing tbh, he didnt say, but definitely this coming week.

gizmo wrote:
    Source? For how long?

Awesome.

source: manager guy dave...
    Jesjes wrote:
    who I'd say had a pain in the arse telling people it wasnt the last one ever.

well someone said that it was the last ever €3 thing, and it had to come from somewhere. word is it came from him in order to quelsh all the "rif-raff" going to the place

• Advertisement

Well wouldnt suprise me, but its not a bad idea really. The place was being distroyed ye know, if its possible to make it worse than it is.

The rumour went around fast enough, so maybe it did the trick...?

Advertisement