Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three items ComReg can be measured on?

Options
  • 19-01-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Three items ComReg can be measured on? alias "How I learned to love benchmarking"

With all the negative ComReg sentiment (yeah I know I’m in there as well) I thought it might be an interesting exercise to put on our collective managerial hats and come up with three objectives or items that ComReg would have to achieve in 6 months to 1 year or else they are sacked.

I’m looking for very specific things that are measurable, achievable and founded in reality.

So no “Take their finger out” type posts or “Split up eircom, fix all the copper and solve world poverty “style answers.

Three definite items. All three have to be achieved. Partial success is counted as a failure.

I’ll start the ball rolling with 3 items that should be easily achievable

Should the opportunity arise levy a fine against a telco (If no opportunity legitimately arises then we’ll count it as a success)

Issue a directive that does not fail at appeal.

Present a report utilising the SAME metrics as an OECD report

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

1) Customer satisfaction: an independent survey of those who have contacted Comreg to assess how satisfied on a scale from 1 to 10 people were with Comreg's response. Anything below an 8 is a fail.

2) Are the other telecos able to unbundled lines in a timely fashion (in comparison to best practices in other countries).

3) Is there is true flat rate product for the poor souls who cant get BB.

I'd say that if Comreg were benchmarked against these in the next year the number of bonuses paid out would be close to zero.

HTH
    M.

Advertisement