Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else think Creative earphones are Crap!!!

Options
  • 19-01-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Ive just broken my 3rd pair in 4 months... those horrible white ones with one end longer than the other!!! 2 last pairs stopped working in one ear...the short side of the 3rd one just pulled out of the joint!!! Arggh!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

their HEADphones last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, all pre packed headphones are rubbish. except for the ones i got with my h140 from iriver they were rebranded sennheisers which were at least decent and have lasted me two years with a good bit of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

When you buy a DAP, first thing you do is throw the included headphones in the bin! Cremo, they obviously stopped supplying those ones with the H300's. The ones I got with my H320 sounded like somethin you'd get free with a box of cereal!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Got the earplug phones in the Creative accessory pack. I haven't bothered with the supplied pair that came with the ZMP. They're a bit fiddly to begin with, but with persistance(experiment with the silicon sleeves), you can get good results.
    They have the advantage of being more discreet in appearance, when worn(bit like a stereo hearing aid).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I've got a Creative Zen 20Gb and i'm don't find the Earphones to be very comfortable. Can anyone recommend some others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i have a zen touch and the earphones i phucked out, i either use my old sony earphones, or my technics headphones for some good bass, great for the long down country bus journeys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I dunno about them breaking but the sound is average.
    I go through earphones like crazy. I tend to end up with a wire breaking down near the jack so that one earphone doesn't work, although I can get them working again by moving the wire around down at the jack and then holding it in place when it works (although as you can imagine I usually buy new ones instead of continueing to do this).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

quazzy wrote:
    I've got a Creative Zen 20Gb and i'm don't find the Earphones to be very comfortable. Can anyone recommend some others?

Not sure about comfort, but the Sennheiser MX range are the best value for money, in terms of sound quality for the price you pay.

The MX 400 and 500 are quite good. I'm not sure how to compare the newer MX x50 range, I have the 350 and they're not bad.
    In Dublin you can get them in Tower records, and maybe Peats.

Astonishingly, there are a pair of some other brand earphones in Tower that have a whopping upper frequency range of something like 5Khz. This is atrociously bad, considering most go to at least 18Khz, although you can't judge quality by frequency response alone, it's not bad as a rough guide.

If you want really good earphones, the Audio Technica ATH-CM7's are better than the highest end Sony earphones.
    CM7

Peanut wrote:
    Astonishingly, there are a pair of some other brand earphones in Tower that have a whopping upper frequency range of something like 5Khz. This is atrociously bad, considering most go to at least 18Khz,
    Are you serious? Atrocious doesn't really cover it! Any half decent pair are usually near the 20khz mark.

Are you serious? Atrocious doesn't really cover it! Any half decent pair are usually near the 20khz mark.

I don't know if it was 5 but it was below 10 anyway...
    Can't remember the brand... "I-" something.... must have another look this evening for the laugh :)
    I thought I'd walked into Poundstretcher or whatever it's called :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Peanut wrote:
    Not sure about comfort, but the Sennheiser MX range are the best value for money, in terms of sound quality for the price you pay.

The MX 400 and 500 are quite good. I'm not sure how to compare the newer MX x50 range, I have the 350 and they're not bad.

Astonishingly, there are a pair of some other brand earphones in Tower that have a whopping upper frequency range of something like 5Khz. This is atrociously bad, considering most go to at least 18Khz, although you can't judge quality by frequency response alone, it's not bad as a rough guide.

If you want really good earphones, the Audio Technica ATH-CM7's are better than the highest end Sony earphones.
    CM7

Cheers Peanut.
    I'll look into it

Ah here we go...
    Straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.
    300Hz-3.4Khz awesomeness

"Connecting Science to Performance", apparently.
    --
    ixos-front2.jpg

Don't worry, they're Ipod compatible!!!
    --
    ixos-back2.jpg

Peanut wrote:
    --

Don't worry, they're Ipod compatible!!!
    OMG. They work on iPods too? :eek:

Says it all really :rolleyes: i.e. if you're one of those brainless f*ckwits that think all DAP's are iPods then these will suit just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OMG. They work on iPods too? :eek:

That'll be the 3.5mm technology

colm_mcm wrote:
    That'll be the 3.5mm technology
    jaysus they have that top end technology on ipod's now??

Cremo wrote:
    jaysus they have that top end technology on ipod's now??
    Bleeding edge as always.

Bleeding edge as always.
    modern technology ehh? wasn't long ago we were using the ipod wooden :rolleyes:

14.jpg

Back on topic though, this thread should be usefull to anybody lookin to buy a decent set of earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Ive just broken my 3rd pair in 4 months... those horrible white ones with one end longer than the other!!! 2 last pairs stopped working in one ear...the short side of the 3rd one just pulled out of the joint!!! Arggh!

the ear phones i got with my sleek are working grand no problems :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've notced that we get a lot of these type of earphones back (not creative, but the type with one end shorter than the other) and everytime I ask the person or swap them out and watch them putting them on, they put them on as normal with them hanging down in frotn. The idea of the shortened one is for that one to go in, say your left ear, and the long one to loop around behind your head and into your right,thus taking most of the strain of just the short side so it's not taking all the abuse. I very rarely see the same person back after a quick demo of how to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

yea i have been using them like that... and always find the short side has a pull on it ie- its tends to be the heavier side and you always have to pull more slack up to adjust it....

gona go for a different type this time i think! : )

Peanut wrote:

CM7

Just got myself a pair of Sennheiser MX 500. 31euro in peats.
    Sound quality is very good and above all else they are comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

They have absolutley now EQ and they are so bulky in the ear!
    Sony Pre-packed ftw!

Advertisement