Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the best pub in the town??

• 19-01-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I am looking for suggestions as to where i should relocate myself and
    my friends alcohol urges to at weekends?
    I am sick of the old reliables/ so-called superpubs, and am looking for
    somewhere more distinct and rich in atmosphere, where there is time to enjoy
    a pint without some twit trying to push me over en route to the bar.

PS. Am I going old before my time??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ...atmosphere....kilkenny? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭finlma

Syds - the best pub in town. Where everyone knows your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Kytlers. Good spot.

Used to be Maggies but they refurbished it now so its all 'modern' inside. Last its spark. ...however it did gain several attractive barmaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

I am looking for suggestions as to where i should relocate myself and
    my friends alcohol urges to at weekends?
    I am sick of the old reliables/ so-called superpubs, and am looking for
    somewhere more distinct and rich in atmosphere, where there is time to enjoy
    a pint without some twit trying to push me over en route to the bar.

PS. Am I going old before my time??

It won't be your pub untill you find it. There is 3 real areas and then the other pubs. I find people like Irish Town, John St. or High St./Kierans St.
    Best thing to do is have a few drinks in a few spots and see where you like. I'm a John St. man myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Scr&#225 wrote: »
    Kytlers. Good spot.

Used to be Maggies but they refurbished it now so its all 'modern' inside. Last its spark. ...however it did gain several attractive barmaids.
    Totally agree with you on the Maggies refurbishment. Its still nice upstairs beside the fire though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Some of the best places are Kytlers and Matt the Millers. Great craic there every time I've been in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Scr&#225 wrote: »
    Kytlers. Good spot.

Always a definite plus! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 talltim1

Dohertys on Friary Street serves without doubt the best pints in Kilkenny, including lager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 /)rakai

The Pumphouse, easily, the staff are ultra nice, it has a music collection nearing 100+GB (I've seen it :P), and it's not TOO expensive.
    But, for a nice atmosphere if you're a young enough fella/girl, go to the Widows, very cheap booze in there, 3.50 for any pint.

Advertisement