Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home question

Options
  • 19-01-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. signing for the new house tomorrow. basically the gas and esb havent bothered there arse to come and install it. so am i right in sayin that there is no chance of turning on the heating or anything like that to be able to get the floors down. its turning into a dissaster

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Same as my sister, ESB said we will be out on Tuesday, so they arranged for everything based on this, they went out to house on Tuesday but no electric. so they went hom and rang ESB, said oh ya we were out today connected you up,

They said nope, so they said they would looking it, rang her back, they siad yes they connected 45 The Glades, but the house estate was in Bray, she lives in Carra in Kildare, twats!!

You will be waiting a few weeks until you can timber that unfortunately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thats a load of my ****** i cant believe these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

My house will only start to be built in the next few weeks but about 4 people have told me to apply for the Connection now due to the disasters they have seen. The house won't be ready for nine months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

We paid back in Sept and only finished a week ago as soon as the spark finished the wiring we applied for builders supply a week later the ESB were out and hooked us up.
    Now we have to wait for the electric UFH to dry the slab sufficiently before we lay the solid floor.
    I measured the water content of the wood and it had gone from 9% to 14-18% in the samples I measured some of the stuff in the polythene packaging seemed to be drier about 8%!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

haughey whats that in english mate LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

CJ - how did u measure the moisture,
    Same ESB setup as ourselves, roughly only took a few days from time co,mpletion cert sent it to getting connected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What I'd like to know folks, is how did you get your snag list done without electricity?

I bought a house this time last year and refused to do the snag list until the builder got the electricity turned on. When they did that, the snag list was done...2 weeks later I signed and in the interim, contacted the ESB who just changed the account to my name. On the day I took the keys in my posession, a rep from the building company took a reading off the meter in my presence and happy happy happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yop I bought a Moisture meter from Ebay cost €40 I think from Hong Kong, it has 4 metal points that you jam into whatever you want to measure and it gives a moisture content.
    It isn't cheap but when dealing with wooden floors I guess it is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Breezzzzze

From what I hear, the ESB regularly say that it'll take 6 months before they can make a connection, in Dublin at least. Maybe it's shorter down the country, I don't know. Bloody monopoly.

Advertisement