Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help Vodafone Voicemail

• 19-01-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I dont have a voisemail set up but still people use the 5 in front of my number to go directly to voicemail to leave messages and then I recieve a text telling me I have a voicemail. This is bloody annoying as I have purposely refused to set up a voicemail because I dont want to recieve any especially when I turn off my phone, nothing worse than turning back on and getting loads of messages. By the way this is work related thats why I dont want the messages, especially in the evening when away from work. Can anyone help block this for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ublinia2

I think that there is an option on Vodafones voicemail for if you are away on holidays ( extended leave greeting option i think they call it ) which doesnt allow anybody to leave messages.

You could try this or ask them to completely remove the Vm from your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up Vodafone tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

You can ring customer care to ask them to extend your ringing time , or turn off your voicemail maybe your best bet. IMO with o2 you can set up your personal secretary for a fixed fee per month works great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

BTW is this your personal phone or a company phone?

Personally, I'd have words with an employee who doesn't have voice mail up and running on his company supplied phone. i don't reimburse phone calls for employees who use their personal phones for work and have voice mail switched off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 seansean

Brian if you have a look at the original post you will see that i didnt ask your opinion about an employee switching off their phone or voicemail.Just for the record the phone is a private phone that has been abused by an employer after hours. I dont get paid for working after hrs and certainly dont get paid for taking calls after work on a private phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

the phone is a private phone that has been abused by an employer after hours

New Years resolution coming up .... :confused:

Must get a new Job ... ;)

It's an interesting problem :rolleyes: .... should you give him/her your number ..... :confused: ..... do you have to give an employer your private phone number? .... :(

seansean wrote:
    Just for the record the phone is a private phone that has been abused by an employer after hours. I dont get paid for working after hrs and certainly dont get paid for taking calls after work on a private phone.
    I know the feeling. Amen ;) But my boss doesn't know the 087 5xxxxxxx trick so I'm ok, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

The greeting message for voicemail can be up to 30 seconds.
    30 seconds of noise or "on hold" music, with no instruction to leave a message ;) should be enough to put most callers off.
    Or record "Voicemail on this number has been disabled. Thank you for calling" and the rest of the message blank for the 30 seconds (don't use your own voice:) )

The "on hold" music worked for me so far but if the caller does wait for the 30 sec. he will get the beep to leave the message :(

Advertisement