Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV advice PLEASE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

It could but it might not be the best thing for it... Some LCD's aren't really suited for playing games etc as the action is too fast and they might not have a good enough responce time. Although I found a review of it here and it seems pretty good. Can't see if its a startard VGA or DVI input.. If its a DVI input it'd be for suited for those higher resolutions the 360 says it can put out!

If it was me I'd probably give it a try :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,967 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sweno wrote:
    It could but it might not be the best thing for it... Some LCD's aren't really suited for playing games etc as the action is too fast and they might not have a good enough responce time. Although I found a review of it here and it seems pretty good. Can't see if its a startard VGA or DVI input.. If its a DVI input it'd be for suited for those higher resolutions the 360 says it can put out!

If it was me I'd probably give it a try :cool:

how about this?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315384&view=detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tauren wrote:

not bad, decent response time, but you will need.

This
    cnc9270a001.jpg

Maplins may have them, a component to VGA adaptor.

Sparky-s wrote:
    not bad, decent response time, but you will need.

This
    cnc9270a001.jpg

Maplins may have them, a component to VGA adaptor.
    is that to get the PS2 playing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tauren wrote:
    is that to get the PS2 playing on it?

No, its for the 360 via component in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I wouldnt get a 4:3 resolution monitor/tv personally when all the Xbox360 game are designed to be appreciated in [SIZE=-1]1280x720p or [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]1920x1080.

Get a widescreen monitor/tv thats closer to one of the standard hd sizes above.
    [/SIZE]

oh right, yeah. cheers. i'm going to try pick one up in dundrum shopping centre tomorrow (in game or virgin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Its also worth bearing in mind that a lcd only looks good at its native resolution - even if it supports many other resolutions it will tend to look pretty crap imo.

Therefore even if a 4:3 monitor says it will support widescreen resolutions it will generally look crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 heller

Any of you guys know if a 1920x1200 monitor works ok with a set-top box? (NTL digital)

I read on wikipedia that a monitor with that high resolution may not receive enough input so you might get a fuzzy picture.

Thinking of getting one now to get ready for HDTV

Advertisement