Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy flatmates

Options
  • 19-01-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

we have all had them, some more than others and in my 3 years here in ucd they have provided me with my unfair share of them, however i believe that this year they are totally taking the pi$$, my flatmate just left the house to go to some debate wearing a green zip up white rimmed sunglasses (its dark and its half six) grey tracksuit bottoms (one leg rolled up exposing knee high pink sock) and white runners with coloured laces, now im sorry but that is not normal, im all for diversity etc but jesus gimme a break ppl,
    please say im not the only one with crazy flatmates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

what other types of originality offend you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

oh come on there is originality and pure and utter crazy, to be honest im concerned for him cause he is really clueless and someone os going to beat the sh1t out of him if he goes into the wrong part of town for looking like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Currently my Turkish housemate and a couple of his female friends are playing Turkish music and dancing in the kitchen. My German housemate is sitting there trying not to laugh. They're all decent though, just I came home to find some sort of Turkish disco going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sudsy

maybe he is just craving the attention? i lived with someone like that before, sadly for him, we did live in the wrong part of town, and had a beating and that changed the way he dressed dramatically! :) but afterwards he ended up moving to a beter part of town anyway, so im not sure if he went back to his ways!

Currently my Turkish housemate and a couple of his female friends are playing Turkish music and dancing in the kitchen. My German housemate is sitting there trying not to laugh. They're all decent though, just I came home to find some sort of Turkish disco going on.
    ya well dont get me wrong he is a good guy u couldnt fault him but i mean seriously he goes around looking like the golden pages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

the drunken house mate who slept until 6 in the evening and drank all night had to take the biscuit, dirtiest room ever there was some sort of tree growing out of his shower and sink. The nice wheet bathroom tiles were some sor tof shade of dark black, room stank. He polishe doff at least a bottle of JD a day and one night we were out in opened one of my other housemates hand bags got sick into it and zipped it back up.

And that ain't even the half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

tintinr35 wrote:
    someone os going to beat the sh1t out of him

Apologies for my bluntness, didn't realise that your flatmates a dude.

Sounds like attention seeking to me, but each to their own, and maybe if they do happen to get a kicking, they'll learn the valuable lesson that learning to blend in, is as important as learning how to stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Hey I was talking to your flatmate at the Chomsky thing (He stood out), I offered him a free copy of the Village but he said he was very particular about what he reads and would probably throw it away. Sounds like you'll have plenty of stories to tell anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

tintinr35 wrote:
    we have all had them, some more than others and in my 3 years here in ucd they have provided me with my unfair share of them, however i believe that this year they are totally taking the pi$$, my flatmate just left the house to go to some debate wearing a green zip up white rimmed sunglasses (its dark and its half six) grey tracksuit bottoms (one leg rolled up exposing knee high pink sock) and white runners with coloured laces, now im sorry but that is not normal, im all for diversity etc but jesus gimme a break ppl,
    please say im not the only one with crazy flatmates

think i know him.. does he do psychology and a module in linguistics??

One of my flatmates technically doesnt actually live with us! basically she uses the place as storage while her parents pay rent and she lives with her boyf.... she goes to gym 6times a week, sunbeds 5 times [altho shes cut down for the new year to 3:eek: ] and has a weird eating routine only at certain times and only certain things... She is dead sound though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I lived in town with 2 swedish girls and well ended up falling in love. It didnt work out so well and I turned into a crazy flatmate. Had to move out in the end. Boo urns.

• Advertisement

Tayto2000 wrote:
    Hey I was talking to your flatmate at the Chomsky thing (He stood out), I offered him a free copy of the Village but he said he was very particular about what he reads and would probably throw it away. Sounds like you'll have plenty of stories to tell anyway.
    whats the village?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

its a magazine all about irish politics/club on camden street

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I seriously doubt he offered him a free copy of 'a club on camden st', although i could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I think Im a crazy housemate actually. But two of the lads are mad craic alcos theyre brilliant, but Peter doesnt drink and cleans the apartment so I cant relate to him:( If it wasn't for the crazies merv would be no fun remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can't stand living with people who've never lived away from home before. It's always taxing. I loved my housemates in first year, but messy doesn't begin to describe it, and they stole the bin from Maxol one night. It became the fourth housemate and lived in our (tiny) kitchen/sitting room until I put it out onto the patio. They also dumped a concrete slab into the fountain... I miss them and their hundreds of friends who seemed to always be there at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

dear Royale with Cheese,
    is that a big tasty, i lived on those in germany :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

the people I can't stand to live with are the 'cleanliness is next to godliness' types, I'd say I'm a reasonably tidy person but some of them make Monica from friends look not just sane but moderate:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Had a clean freak last year, kept the place spotless. I'm not at all messy myself but it was nice to have someone else do it all for me. And she wouldn't give out to you for messing up the kitchen she'd just cleaned, she'd just clean it up again.

So all good. Kept trying to make me eat her crappy foreign vegetarian food though. Yuck!!!

Advertisement