Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro to Comp. Architecture

Options
  • 19-01-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

So did anyone do this first year CS class today? What was it like? I slept it out and missed the class:rolleyes: . Were any website details or anything like that given out for the class?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

i missed it too. Plan to go in the morning tho.

http://www.cs.ucd.ie/staff/cbleakley/home/courses.htm

The notes are only available on campus. We did Chapter 1 and a bit of Chapter 2 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I went yesterday, missed today though. I can see myself missing alot of the friday ones, being such an early and a not very exciting class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

I went today and it seemed ok. It wasn't exciting but at least it looks relatively easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Joe did this with us. It's simple, really. Just don't miss the bits about electronics (logic and gates and that kind of stuff) or you'll be seriously lost. It's tough to learn from the notes alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I hope you guys appreciate the Bleakley with the notes and the website. Count your lucky chickens you dont have the Dalton, before they hatch. or whatever. Never was very good with sayings...

I always had Dalton for architecture and although he knows his ****, h'es piss poor at providing notes and turning up at lectures.

Is Dr Bleakley a countryman? I always laugh when boggers say 'firewire'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Woof!

yeah also for those of you that missed the lectures there's also a sign in sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

i knew that. i didn't miss today's by choice. i only turned up in college at 945 (damn train:mad: ) and i didn't think it'd be worth goin for just 5 mins.

sign in sheet? Ah bollox.
    Well no matter, i really should go to every lecture anyway.

sorry to drag up this thread but was wondering if someone could tell me where we have to hand in our assignment tomorrow.

Sorta missed the lecture where it was given :(

EDIT: nm i realise it needs to be given in during the labs. Guess this is going to be a week late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭badrobot

Bit late now, but you can hand it in on the Friday practical, even if you're assigned to the Wednesday one. The Friday one's from 2-4, btw.

ah crap. right thanks for info :)

Advertisement