Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the story with Magnet Networks Packages

• 19-01-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

There used to be 10 or 12 different packages available, now three??? Whats the story?

I'm moving into my new apartment and it has magnet fiber optics built in, last time I looked they had separate options where I could get 16mb broadand (can't afford it but anyway ) 12mb, 8mb etc also they would have different tv packages....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ive just got back from hols & was just about to order their 2mb BB with phone line bundled in, Im gonna give them a ring after lunch & see if that package has been done away with or just been taken off the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like their minimum package is now 4Mbits (up to 4Mbits as they correctly say unlike eircom :p ) . €18 a month for the first 2 months and €28 a month long term . You pay line rental separate at the same cost as every other provider = €24 . TV is not included in the entry package.

For comparison sake.

Magnet entry level = 4096/512 €28 100Gb Cap always on.
    Eircom entry level = 1024/128 €20 (but for 20 hours a week only charges apply thereafter )
    BT Entry level (starting next week) = 1024/128 €20 always on cap unknown

Its a stonking package as is the Smart one for €35 including that €24 line rental .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yeah seems to be the case that they've got rid of the bundled line rental. I wouldve thought that would have been a major selling point for them. Cest la vie.

Advertisement