Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your day?

• 19-01-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

I got up an hour early today and still managed to forget BOTH of my phones. I've absent-mindedly bitten off what remains of the nails I spent weeks before christmas cultivating. I'm halfway through a 4,000 word essay that's due tomorrow and I've forgotten how to read (so if this post is crap, it's because I can't read it back to make sure I've limited my typos) and I lost €40. Although I did find out that Boneless has synchronised his smoking with his committee members. Wahey!

So far, moderate day.

Sorry, couldn't face looking for the "How has your day been" type thread that existed before christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

new year, new thread!!

my day was good thank you for asking!
    I took out my simcard last night and when i reset the time i set it wrong so i managed to get me and my roomie up an hour earlier which was not good as she had to be in at nine [so she was in at eight...]
    Watched 'The Quiet Man' in irish studies it was really funny... next week its the 'The Crying Game' looking forward to it...
    Got a seat on the train home without any crazy people and didnt get caught not having a ticket [i didnt realise this til i'd gotten on though]
    Good day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Pretty good day! In at 9 which wasn't very nice, but the lecture wasn't too bad. Programming seems to be the same old type of stuff, so it's not very taxing. I then dropped the physics module I had provisionally signed up for, signed back up for trusty info studies.
    Faffed around in the first year Comp Sci labs for a bit, organised a Software Engineering team and then did some more faffing.
    Scraggs wrote:
    Watched 'The Quiet Man' in irish studies it was really funny... next week its the 'The Crying Game' looking forward to it...
    I was considering taking that as it looked easy...Is it really as easy a course as it looks on the description? If so....:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I couldn't leave the apartment all day I was too hungover! So I missed all my lectures, terrible.. but I am determind that this won't become a habit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well I missed my 10am lecture (woke up at 8:30am and was meant to be on the 8am train) Had a 19th century literature lecture at 2 which was pretty boring, hung out at the department of lung cancer for most of the afternoon, headed home and sorted through some notes.

Not a bad day. My history elective looks cool.

Oh, and I have tomorrow off \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Woke up at three o clock. Still a bit pissed off that my car is in the garage and protesting by not going to college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Not the best really - was wrecked form no sleep before yesterdays exam. Was up studying for todays one until 4.30 am had to get up at 6 to leave by 7 to be in DCU for 9 am for my half nine exam today! Don't know why I bothered with all the studying - awful exam and definitely failed it (I've worked out I got exactly 36% :( ) But everyone else thinks they failed it too which makes it a bit easier to take. It was mostly on Java which I just don't get.

Anyway after exam went to the bar with the guys to recover (next exam not until next week). Watched loads of old cartoon intros one of the guys had on his laptop which cheered me up a bit (Fraggle Rock has the best theme tune ever!) Discovered that Red Alert is actually a computer game, but decided going home and getting some sleep would be a better idea than staying up and learning how to play it with the guys! So went home, slept untill ten and here I am now! Actually feel a lot better getting it off my chest...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Today... Well I had to get up earlier than intended, I got asked to go into work for a couple of hours this morning because we were very understaffed. So I was a GAME beeyotch between 10 and 12, then grabbed a Hungry Bear (BEST. DELI. EVER. And it's in Tallaght!!!) sandwich, jumped on a Luas and then a 46A to make a 2pm lecture (Maths for Computer Science... bo-ring! I'm gonna get a lot of DS games played in that one...) Then... went to 4th year lab, arsed around for a bit, picked my practical slots - managing to give myself Friday off! :D G'wan the 3 day weekend! 4pm lecture was cancelled, then went to DSA2 at 5, and then to TKD at 6. After TKD, I went to my friend's house, and I just got home about 20 minutes ago. :)
    I'm off tomorrow... I'm going to sleep most of the day, then go get a passport application form, ring Image Systems to find out if my iBook is fixed and play Final Fantasy X for the rest of the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'll do this for yesterday since I only saw it now :p

I had a good enough day :) I woke up at around 7.30, and my bed was sooo comfortable that I decided that it wasn't worth going allll the way into college just for one lecture! :o So I went back to sleep :cool: Woke up around 10 then and went down to my mam's job to help her with computer stuff. I didn't get back til about 1.30, and then my friend came around cos he's on holidays from college. We went to see Jarhead, which was pretty good, although a little too resemblant (real word?) of Full Metal Jacket, and then I went straight to work after that. Work was pretty good cos even though it's boring enough, everyone seemed to be in a good mood (me included), and I spent the 4 hours in a trance thinking about what to do with my life, and debating whether to drop out of college or not. I also made an appointment to see one of the student advisors today.

So yeah, good enough day, and I shall post again tonight to give an update on today's events :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I cant beleive it. I actually slept in again today. Its now 2:14pm . At least I get my car back tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Great day! I got a job offer! Woot!

Now to just to write this damn thesis! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh, and I have tomorrow off \o/
    YEAH! I had today off too \o/:cool:

Well... Actually I meant to go in and start my essay that's due, 1 week late, for monday, but... Screw it, I didn't miss any lectures or anythin.

Only got out of bed around half 3... Lahvely.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

My day has been so so lovely (mostly).
    I got up, had brekkie & waited for what seemed like an age for the bus.
    Went round to 'himselfs' place, spent the whole morning napping as the sun shone in the window on us.
    Got a lift into college, checked he bank, my cheque'd cleared & had a very nice roll from 911.
    Went to my lecture, dropped notes down onto the row in front of me & a girl in the class went out of her way to pick them up for me.
    Sat through my lecture & found it interesting! Seriously!
    Came home, glass of wine handed to me, lovely dinner, got invited to a party tomorrow, good tv & hot-water bottle waiting for me!
    Am a super-smug lady atm!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

had a pretty frickin sweet day really. got my laptop on the wireless network finally, yay! got to college in twenty minutes cos the traffic didn't suck for once, had time for brekkie! discovered my tutorials didn't start until next week so had a four hour stretch of nothingness and went for a sleep in the car. drove down home for the weekend with music blaring and sang myself hoarse, was greeted by lovely mammy who made favourite dinner, mmmmmmmm........... am now watching dvds and eating choccie. Ah, such a good day..only to be ruined by tomorrow when I have to drive all the way back to dublin at 8 in the morning to judge schoolies debates.....ah well, maybe they'll be bad to the point of funny, or good to the point of interesting, average is just so boring!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I had a hungover spaced out day where I did constructive things that weren't study so that I wouldn't feel bad about not studying. Ate too much for dinner and can't move now.

Lovely day really.

/Edit--Oh yeah, I got a lovely brand-spanking new sig as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Blush_01 wrote:
    I got up an hour early today and still managed to forget BOTH of my phones. I've absent-mindedly bitten off what remains of the nails I spent weeks before christmas cultivating. I'm halfway through a 4,000 word essay that's due tomorrow and I've forgotten how to read (so if this post is crap, it's because I can't read it back to make sure I've limited my typos) and I lost €40. Although I did find out that Boneless has synchronised his smoking with his committee members. Wahey!

So far, moderate day.

Sorry, couldn't face looking for the "How has your day been" type thread that existed before christmas.

Thats not all we have synchronised.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Im sick (hungover) and have spent all of my time since thursday cleaning my room (sleeping), I feel like I should also go to the dentist (doctor) because of my toothache (vomiting) oww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Was at a friend's birthday down in Tipperary last night, crashed about 3am and had a bottle of beer poured all over me :mad:. Got him back this morning though when he was sleeping this morning with a cocktail of marmalade, sugar and curry powder, poured down the front of his trousers. Horrible orange stain, he had to get the train today back upto Dublin, looked manky and horrible curry smell of him, got funny looks all day! :D

Revenge is sweet :v: :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That is SO mean, especially considering how fantabulous Tipperary is. *shakes fist*

Ok... Got up at 6.30 am for work, got called by taxi company at 6.45 to confirm taxi time. Was stocktaking in Drogheda. Had cake for lunch (because Bertie likes Cake). Ordered pizza for dinner. Now feel sick, but happy. Watched ER, almost cried when the baby chimp died - poor ickle critter! Should be sleeping, but I'm so not tired it's funny. Feel like I should be doing something, like dancing like a looper to stupid pop or something.

Not a bad day!
    Kinda getting used to the 9 o clock starts. Lectures were easy enough and ran into B-K a few times. Got some Quake running over an ad-hoc network and collected some marks for my programming practical! Yay!

Waltons wrote:
    Got some Quake running over an ad-hoc network

Nerd! :p

• Advertisement

Shhh! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

crap start to the day but ok ending.
    got up early to drop my car into the garage to be fixed. was supposed to get a replacement car but the rep basically grilled me about my driving ability instead of actually looking at the car. why? prob because i am a young female. shut him up pretty quickly when i whipped out my full licence which i've had for nearly 4 years. asked him if he cudnt fix the car cud i at least have the second key for the car which has been due for four months since i bought the car. he proceeded to fob me off with "look love, its not that simple............". WAFFLE they have had four months.
    anyway, then went into to college, had a lovely lunch in the student bar, went to lecture, returned to garage and gave them a hard time, got home, had gorgeous dinner, did a bit of reading for college and spent the rest of the evening on boards!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Font22 wrote:
    had a lovely lunch in the student bar

Was that the Kiev or the Spaghetti

I myself went the old chicken route (no laughs plz!) over the beef, twas an unusually good dinner.

P.S. I think i saw 'Pythia' sitting in the middle tables at around 1 PM, but as her picture isnt on the 'know your UCDians thread anymore' im only going by the Lindsay Lohan comparisons i read about. So either it was her or Lindsay Lohan is tryin to put that weight back on with some solid UCD mulch...no offense, i luv the stu bar food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Having a really crappy day so far.

Firstly, traffic was poo so got in too late to go to my 9 o'clock lecture, so after making the effort to get up for it and everything, I still missed it!!

Now, I'm attempting to do a bloody hard essay on political research, and failing miserably due to the distractions of the damn internet. STUPID BEBO!!!

And finally, and worst of all, us World Aiders had a deadly 'blast from the past' table quiz planned for tonight and it was booked for the student bar. But we got totally screwed over, it was "double-booked" otherwise known as Anto Kelly wanted it for a piss up. So now after all the work we've done, it has to be cancelled. Very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    Now, I'm attempting to do a bloody hard essay on political research, and failing miserably due to the distractions of the damn internet.
    I was in 2nd Politics last year, and it was the first time they'd done the Political Research course. Finbarr never knew wtf he was talking about so I (and a lot more like me) never went to a lecture after the first week, never did the Political Research essay, and breezed nicely into 3rd year...*

*NOTE: Needed to pass repeats in Autumn. But still better than doing the essay. Honestly.

Good luck anyway beanyb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

DirkVoodoo wrote:

I myself went the old chicken route (no laughs plz!) over the beef, twas an unusually good dinner.

hehehe i actually went for a brown bread sandwich, was yummy. made up for the crappy morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Hmm... good advice there i'm thinking Seb. It's so damn hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Today... well I had the easiest Unix practical ever this morning (log into csserver, change your password on the normal website, then play with some commands, make a directory and then play some games), then working on my data structures practical (ugly hack code a go go baby!)... losing track of time while coding and missing Maths for CS - nothing I didn't do before in number theory the last time I was in 2nd year though. After that... crappy Brava lunch, then more work on DSA practical, then Unix lecture at 4 which wasn't too bad. After that, off to the 4th year lab to settle a score at Mario Kart DS, then into town for a Wagamama dinner with a friend :)

Today... well I had the easiest Unix practical ever ..... off to the 4th year lab to settle a score at Mario Kart DS,

Even bigger nerd than Waltons!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

DirkVoodoo wrote:

P.S. I think i saw 'Pythia' sitting in the middle tables at around 1 PM, but as her picture isnt on the 'know your UCDians thread anymore' im only going by the Lindsay Lohan comparisons i read about. So either it was her or Lindsay Lohan is tryin to put that weight back on with some solid UCD mulch...no offense, i luv the stu bar food :)

Sorry, it wasn't me. I don't think I've ever eaten there.
    There's pics of me on the 'Hotornot' thread and 'Know your Nerds' thread though.

Advertisement