Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buckled alloys

Options
  • 19-01-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

lads where do you go to sort out buckled alloys, i have a broken spoke aswell and enginnering places or will oz give me a new 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I think a broken spoke is classed as a "wheel write off" and noone will fix it,id say you'l have to (and probably be cheaper) purchase a new wheel from Oz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

just re place it cause you'd pay 300 yoyos to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

What if there is a chunk knocked out of the rim, just where the tyre sits along the rim at the bottom? A mate recently hit a curb and is wondering where to go to get the alloy fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Dagon wrote:
    What if there is a chunk knocked out of the rim, just where the tyre sits along the rim at the bottom? A mate recently hit a curb and is wondering where to go to get the alloy fixed.
    I don't think "chunks" can be repaired. Scratches yes, but a "chunk"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

I have an alloy wheel with no spokes and no center piece..is this worth fixing?

its a 13" from a fiat bambino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

but you have to buy 4 from oz is there anyway of getting 1 legit or maybe by twisting a few key facts

What do you mena by twisting key facts?Of course you can buy single wheels,go to any decent alloy wheel dealer and tell them you need 1 of X and theyl order it in.

I dont think they'l do chunks from the rim where the tyre sits either,i had one like that before and had to buy new again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

eireal wrote:
    What do you mena by twisting key facts?Of course you can buy single wheels,go to any decent alloy wheel dealer and tell them you need 1 of X and theyl order it in.

I dont think they'l do chunks from the rim where the tyre sits either,i had one like that before and had to buy new again

it might be covered under warranty-ish

I seriously doubt a buckle or broken spoke could come under warranty unless you can prove the wheel rolled off by its own and did the damage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sinead_M

Can anyone tell me approx how much a mechanic will charge to fit an alternator to a 97 VW polo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Sinead_M wrote:
    Can anyone tell me approx how much a mechanic will charge to fit an alternator to a 97 VW polo?

You will need to start a new post for this and put it in this section http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Someone was asking about refurb here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878640
    Might be worth looking at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RacerBabe

There's a place called Revolution in Maynooth who repair broken Alloys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rorzy

where is this revolution place in maynooth cuz iv never seen or heard of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

lads where do you go to sort out buckled alloys, i have a broken spoke aswell and enginnering places or will oz give me a new 1
    just buy yourself a set of new alloys and you will be fine or there is a place in bray that might be able to help.
    i think its called something like wefixalloys.com or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Do you really want to get one of your wheels patched up then spin around on it at 100kph or more to test if the repair was properly done? Or would you rather buy a new alloy and not worry about the large hospital bills?

Advertisement