Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Found' a rabbit

Options
  • 19-01-2006 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My bro spotted a small rabbit in the same place for the last 2 days - he noticed on his way to work yesteday morning and it's still in exactly the same place. It's in a walkway by a river beside a building site. Is there anybody we can call to check it out? The walkway is separated from the road by a wall - on the way home this evening we looked over the wall at it and it looked back so it's still alive... We don't know if we should try and catch it?!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Phone the DSPCA, they will send an inspector out (hopefully)

(01) 493 5502/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Capall86

see if it can run away, if it does not move, it may have mixomitosis, go and slap it with a shovel or something to put it out of its misery and put it in a bag, sounds cruel but really its kind, plus won't be wasting the ispca's time

"slap it with a shovel". Hardly humane nor kind.

Sounds like what happened to my cat when he got run over in October - the guy that did it got out of the car and started kicking my car while he was lying in the gutter crying. Luckily the guy in the car behind that saw this, and shout at this idiot. When Mr. idiot got into his car and tore off, the good guy recovered my cat, got the DSPCA etc and eventually back to me.

There's a story there - that rabbit might belong to someone having escaped or been stolen, and might just be petrified enough not to move.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Capall86 banned for 2 weeks.Im not having this type of out and out cruelty discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They went down last night to try and catch it but it ran away. My bro called somebody who works in a vets and they're going to arrange for a trap to be put down...

• Advertisement

franksm wrote:
    "slap it with a shovel". Hardly humane nor kind.

Sounds like what happened to my cat when he got run over in October - the guy that did it got out of the car and started kicking my car while he was lying in the gutter crying. Luckily the guy in the car behind that saw this, and shout at this idiot. When Mr. idiot got into his car and tore off, the good guy recovered my cat, got the DSPCA etc and eventually back to me.

There's a story there - that rabbit might belong to someone having escaped or been stolen, and might just be petrified enough not to move.
    Started kicking your cat, you mean? Jesus, that's disgusting. Seriously. Ugh. :mad:

tk: what kind of trap?

oh yeah, "cat" sorry, not car.
    (cars on the brain)

bluewolf wrote:
    Started kicking your cat, you mean? Jesus, that's disgusting. Seriously. Ugh. :mad:

tk: what kind of trap?
    I don't know?! Not a snare or anything like that - one so they can catch him and take him to the vets!! I'll keep you all posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

WHere abouts in Dublin did you see this rabbit? Ans what color is it? My friends young rabbit escaped a little while ago and has not been found.

It was a black rabbit on the Fairview side of Richmond Rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

tk123 wrote:
    They went down last night to try and catch it but it ran away. My bro called somebody who works in a vets and they're going to arrange for a trap to be put down...

What do they use for Bait to catch a rabbit?

Advertisement