Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Slow Speed.

• 19-01-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anyone else experience a slow down in BT 1MB broadband package speed.
    I got BT Broadband just before Christmas and was delighted with the fast downloads. Since Tuesday of this week it has become very slow almost as bad as when I was on dialup with Onspeed enabled.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be, something to do with the upcoming upgrade on Sat.??
    Any hints as to what one should do.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

speedbird1 wrote:
    something to do with the upcoming upgrade on Sat.??
    More than likely. I haven't noticed anything on my BT connection but others have.
    speedbird1 wrote:
    Any hints as to what one should do.
    Sit tight;) Only 1 day to go before they start:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is there any news on whether the eircom upgrade will take a few weeks to filter through to the BT service? Ideally it will happen immediately.. I wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Don't know about that, but the last two days my connection dropped and i had to restart everything, router and modem to get it back.
    Then it fails again after about an hour.

Plus someone rang me yesterday fron Zyxel Technologies looking for the serial number of me modem? Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, i've been noticing a drop in speed on the 2meg product for about 2/3 days now.

before on the irish isp test i was getting 1.72mbps where as no i'm getting 1.56mbps, although it's nothing of a major drop it's still noticeable.

wait and see what the speed increases do and lets hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dazza25

Trotter wrote:
    Is there any news on whether the eircom upgrade will take a few weeks to filter through to the BT service? Ideally it will happen immediately.. I wish.

Yeah it will happen immediately..I had a discussion on another thread yesterday where I said it won't but I checked here(I work for BT) and it will definitely happen before 6 tomorrow.You may experience downtime of about 15 mins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement