Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrents downloading slow Help!!

Options
  • 19-01-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

anyone no how to speed up torrent download,i have a 2mb connection and they are only downloading at 10kb/s my upload speed is 128k,and have left it downloading for several hours??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It can depend on a few things, the main being your firewall and/or the torrent your grabbing.
    You must make sure you open a port on your firewall and point your torrent client to that port to make connections. Otherwise you won't get anywhere.
    Secondly, and just as important is the torrent itself. If there are very few seeders, and lots of leechers, or just very few seeders, then you won't get very good speeds.
    Or it could be that you have your client set up to only connect to a few peers within one torrent so you can't connect to enough to get a decent speed.

Right now I'd say it's one or both of the first two, make sure you've got a port open (one port for each torrent if you using bittornado). Or try to find the same file with more seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eoghanflynn

Thanks that worked but now on every download i do i get this message"bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string" do you no wat this means.

Advertisement