Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help forwarding ports

• 19-01-2006 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently on adsl using a BT voyager 205. I bought a linksys wrt54gc so I could wirelessy share etc. This has a dedicated internet port on the router.

The modem is default set to 192.168.1.1 and the router has defaulted to 192.168.2.1. With DHCP on, it's assigning IP address in 192.168.2.xxx and sharing the internet connection.

However, I'm finding it difficult to forward some ports. Do I tell the modem to forward to the router, then from there forward it to the PC ? That's what I tried to do but its still doesn't register as open.

I tried to put the modem on 192.168.2.xxx as default but it doesn't seem to like it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm currently using a brandless router! Not my 'real' one. There is no port forward option on it. Does port forwarding have another name?

Thanks.

Advertisement