Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaghtford Ad....What the ****?

• 19-01-2006 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hey all Rockee again, I started a thread yesterday about Barry Scott and his Cillit Bang stain remover. Ive come across another weird/crap ad. Just been watchin RTE1 when I came across a car showroom ad hosted by the king of smug on Irish tv...Mark Cagney. The thing is I cant believe some guy actually got paid to lay down the 'VOCALS' over the ad. It goes something like TALLAGHTFFFWWWAAARRRUUUGGHH over and over again. He sounds pissed. Anyone else see/hear this piece of crap???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Yes I heard that - I thought it was someone saying "Tallafornia" repeatedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Haha, he just sounds drunk. I gaurantee he got paid a mint....Its the distant pissed cousin of 'DG Opel on the Navan Road!!!' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

pork99 wrote:
    Yes I heard that - I thought it was someone saying "Tallafornia" repeatedly

I seriously thought thats what they were saying aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

its tallaford as in I cant bleedin afford it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I like that ad, its catchy! Best ad of all time though, fab floors here in Limerick "were you get laid, not screwed"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Its a really awful ad. Yer man must be hard up for a few bob.
    Theres another ad on at the moment though which is even worse. Trouble is I can't remember the name of the company. Its something to do with kitchens and has muppet type people walking around the shop. Totally dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well Tallaghtford has done a great job!
    Everyone who's seen the ad remembers it! Thats all they want, pop in the top personality on TV, a catchy song (that just repeats the name) and show som cars!
    Bang, the perfect ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well Tallaghtford has done a great job!
    Everyone who's seen the ad remembers it! Thats all they want, pop in the top personality on TV, a catchy song (that just repeats the name) and show som cars!
    Bang, the perfect ad!
    Any publicity is good publicity as they say...

Just the fact that you've started a thread about it Rockee speaks volumes on how its done its job and has you thinking about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Absolutely, check out the thread I started in about the David Hasselhoff ad over in Sweden!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

U can beat the skangers for the singing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I thought he was saying 'TELEPORT'

Anyone see the other Ad, for Tom Dempsey Interiors i think. Anyway, at the end the man himself says "don't miss it" in the most horrible culchie mammy's boy accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

magnumlady wrote:
    Its a really awful ad. Yer man must be hard up for a few bob.
    Theres another ad on at the moment though which is even worse. Trouble is I can't remember the name of the company. Its something to do with kitchens and has muppet type people walking around the shop. Totally dire.

Noyeks newmans, kitchens, decks, doors and floors! :D

Gayest voice ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

oh my good god. i know, the darn music had me rollin on the floor laughin like a demented hyena!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

bush wrote:

Gayest voice ever

That tune....ahhhhhhh.

Makes me want to stab someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i LMAO so much after reading this then seeing the ad for the first time, cheers lads for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bush wrote:

Gayest voice ever

Thats the one,where on earth did they come up with that ad. The people in it look like rejects from Fraggle Rock.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I HATE MR. IRELAND AM.

I HATE HIM EVEN MORE NOW.

sorry for the caps but thats how bad that add is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rockee wrote:
    Haha, he just sounds drunk. I gaurantee he got paid a mint....Its the distant pissed cousin of 'DG Opel on the Navan Road!!!' :D
    they haven't been the same since they moved from the cabra road.

how about that stira one. it looks like it was made by a five year old. and they keep bleeding that "as seen on the late late show". that was about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

julep wrote:

how about that stira one. it looks like it was made by a five year old. and they keep bleeding that "as seen on the late late show". that was about 20 years ago.

I love the MTV CRIBS style effect when the woman is carrying the golf clubs up her newly installed stira with such ease!

Advertisement