Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan...What do y'all think of him???

Options
  • 19-01-2006 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Yep, Tommys gone off to the U.S. for a while to try his luck and best of luck to him! The papers were giving him stick cos he said that he has gone as far as he can go in Ireland at the moment. Agreed, how many nights has he played Vicar St?? I love his stuff, think he's a breath of fresh air. His cracked dvd is a classic but I admit that the new one isnt as good...kinda repeaeted himself. Anyway, would be happy to hear your opinions!!! Ta.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I always thought he was rubbish but that's just me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

I'm a fan, not sure how he'll fare in the US though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

As funny as watching paint dry! Sorry Tommy :D

I saw DaveMcSavage in Vicar Street 2 years ago, he was very funny but like Tommy there was a lot of repetition in his act. I think Irish comedians assume that it's okay to have a stale act simply because the country is so small and we only have a few good comedians.

Same goes for Kevin McAleer, I saw him about 8 years ago in NUIM student union bar, really funny but repetitious of earlier material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I'm a fan, not sure how he'll fare in the US though.

V well , i was in san francisco over the summer and we got tickets to see him in Punchline comedy club , he was v well recived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

He is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Never much liked the guy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

Not much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Not a big fan, he can piss me off at times aswell but he does have his moments.

I think he'll go down well with the americans though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The man's a legend IMO, funniest material I've seen recently, cracked and loose.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I went to see him live and never stopped laughing throughout. Very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

http://www.tommytiernan.com/

check him out

He a funny cunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Very funny man, a topper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I gotta say I like his stuff. Very funny chap!!!

I feel the Americans will love him too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I was in the front row of a Vicar Street gig last year. My sis loves him too so the 2 of us went and to this day we cant remember a word of what he said...we were just p1ss1n ourselves laughin the whole time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrniceguy

have to say i don't care much for his humour - i dunno maybe he'd be better live or something but watched one of his videos the other night and switched off half way through

he seems to spend half the night going off on tangents but not half as effective or as funny as Billy Connolly, say..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The tangents are part of the humour. I think his first dvd is hilarious. The others since went slightly downhill I think. Still some hilarious bits though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

"Did ye ever rape someone" story was one of the funniest I've heard in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Cracked is a great dvd, Im a fan but I think that he's gradually developed a cocky streak. In the first dvd he's friendly Tommy but in the second he seems a bit like hes acting the big lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Funny guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Funny man.

His newest DVD is the best I think. Had me in stitches laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Worst for me. Love him, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Love him! Such a funny guy. :D
    Newest dvd not as good as the other two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

**elaine** wrote:
    Love him! Such a funny guy. :D
    Newest dvd not as good as the other two though.

That must be it then, the bro got the new dvd for xmas and i thought it was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I watched Loose in a friends house, after fifteen minutes I wanted to punch the guy. I find him ridiculously irritating.

But hey, whatever works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 polkadots

Absolutely hilarious!!..The best around these days IMO
    I don't know why every-one is putting down his new dvd though..?
    I didn't stop laughin from start to finish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Liffeyman wrote:
    That must be it then, the bro got the new dvd for xmas and i thought it was crap
    Well, if you didn't like any of the new dvd at all then I doubt you'll like his other two!
    Not saying that Loose was bad, just that it wasn't *as* funny as the previous two.

Advertisement